chapter 33

Joy POV.

today was the day we head back to Memphis. But Elvis was no where to be found. He's been gone for 3 days. Didn't even tell me where he was going. And I was beyond mad.

"Where the hell have you been!?!?" I yelled once I heard the door close.

"Out." He mumbles walking past me. He smelled of alcohol and cigars.

"Out. For three fucking days!" I screamed. He took my by the arms fiercely holding me. His nails dug into my skin.

"Dont you scream at me!" He yelled gripping me tighter.

"Elvis, that hurts." I looked into his eyes. Pleading for help. Yet he held my arms tighter. A tear fell down my cheek.

"If your gonna hit me Elvis, do it!!!!" I screamed.

"Momma..." Amelia came in the living room. Rubbing her eyes.

"Lia baby. Go to room. I'll be there okay." I cried. To tired Amelia nodded carrying her bunny.

"You don't tell me what to do women! I take care of you!!" He yelled letting go of me. I watched carefully as he loosened his belt.

Fear took over me. He couldn't be doing what I think. He held me down on the ground. Slipping my night gown off.

"Elvis please!!" I sobbed kicking and shouting. I tried to punching  and screaming. Nothing worked.

Finally he let go of my arms and I slapped him across the face hard. Taken back Elvis shook his head quickly standing up.

I was literally shaking everywhere. Elvis came towards me agian.

"Get packed, were going home." He spat. I knew I had to go with him. I was nothing without him.

Elvis POV.

I felt horrible for doing that. But Joy gets me pissed off all the time. We got Amelia. We boarded 'Joy'. My plane I named after Joy.

It was a long silence ride. I said nothing to Joy she said nothing to me.

"Daddy, when we get back home. Do I have to go to school.?"Amelia looked up at me.

"I dunno baby. You should." I sighed leaning back. Joy looked back at me. Then at the window.

After what seemed like forever, we finally made it to Memphis. Joy was the first one to get into the limo.

"Hey, E. How's your vacation?" Joe greeted me. When I got in the car.

I sat up front as Joy and Amelia Sat in the back.

"It was, fine." I mumble. We pulled up in front of Graceland and I helped Joy out.

Joy POV.

I watched as Joe took Amelia with her bags. Elvis helped me out. But as soon as I tried to get away. Elvis held my arm gently.

"Look, can we talk?" Elvis whispers. I sighed as he led me onto the porch.

"Look, I'm sorry for all the shit I did. I couldn't handle you in another man's arms." Elvis choked up. I kept my eyes at  the ground.

"Joy, I-I love you. I do. But. I don't think this can work." Elvis breathed.

I felt hot, sweaty. I couldn't look him in the eyes. Yet he cupped my cheeks.

"I'll still love you. I'll always love you. But this can't work." He says his eyes shown with tears. "It hurts me. Real bad."

"Then why do it?" I ask. Elvis kissed my nose and rests our foreheads together. He pressed my lips gently.

"I'll support you, I will. And Amelia." His voice cracked. His tears mixed with mine.

"I love you." I cried. Elvis kissed my lips tenderly.

"I love you too." Elvis replied. He held me close.