chapter 23

Elvis POV

I sigh as I slam the door shut. Joy slowly walks to our bed kicking her heels off.

"What the hell is wrong with a ya?" She Cries

"I dunno, I haven't been sleeping well and I have a headache." I mumble I reach for my pills.

"I think I know the problem." I hear Joy. She wraps her arms from behind me kissing my neck." Baby you have to stop them, there killing you." She whispers.

"I tried, ever since momma left I can't ." I say. Joy moves her hands to my face cuping my cheeks.

"E, can't you see what there doing to you?" She has tears in her eyes.

"I need help Joy." I say a tear falls from my eyes.

Joy POV

It kills me to see Elvis like this he needs to know I'm there for him.

"I have to go on tour, I'm not ready but the colonel wants me to make more money." Elvis sighs.

"He's pushing you too hard Elvis. You need rest, you don't come home till 3 in the morning." I tell him. I straddel him and wrap my arms around his neck.

"I'm sorry Joy, I really am. You don't deserve to be treated the way I treat you." He whispers. I rest my head against his as he puts his hands on my waist.

"Its not you Elvis, its the pills." I say he kisses me hard making us fall on the bed.

"I love you Joy, I dont want us to get a divorce." He says I brush his hair from his face.

"I love you to Elvis, I always have." I smile kissing his face all around. He flops me over making me giggle.

"Its been to long." He draggs on kissing my neck. I know what he's talking about.

Elvis POV

After our moment Joy feel asleep cuddled next to me. I covered her in blankets. I took my pills again I knew I shouldn't have something told me not to but I need them.

"So, you and Joy aren't fighting?" I head Joe say. I smirk and grab a beer.

"How'd you know?"

"I could hear you two moan and laughing up there, I considered that you to made up." Joe smiled.

"Well your right, I have to keep our family together. I love all them." I sigh with happiness.

"Morning." Joy yawns, stretching her arms as she walks downs the stairs.

"Its more like good afternoon." I chuckle.

"Oh, shut up." She smiles she slides her arms around my neck, kissing me tenderly.

"If you keep kissing like that, we'll never come out of that room." I whisper.

She stands on her tippy toes and whispers"Maybe , that's a good thing."in my ear seductively.

"Eww, I'm trying to eat here!"Gene complains.

"Come on, show me what you got" She says motioning me too the stairs. I smile and likely follow her up.