chapter 8

Chapter 8- "the date."

Joy POV

Once we got in Elvis' Cadillac it was awkward at first. Elvis turned the raido on and 'Witchcraft' by Frank Sinatra stayed in the air. I rolled the window down and my hair blew in the wind. I felt Elvis' hold my hand. I smiled and turned towards him.

"We're, are we going."I ask him. He kissed my hand

"A little special place in town." He smiles.

We chatted about Memphis sometimes Texas. I was home sick. I missed everything in Texas the people, the food even Jayson.

"Here we are."Elvis says as we pull up in a fancy dinner. He opens my car door for me and holds his arm out for me.

"Why thank you."I giggle taking his arm. He leads me inside.

"Elvis,there ain't anyone here." I turn towards him.

"I, rented it out for us." He smiles he pushes my seat out for me then back in.

"Elvis. You didn't have to do this"I smile he kissed my cheek before heading to the back. I watch him suspiciously as he whispers something to the owner.

"Elvis...."I say Elvis covers my eyes with his hands.

"No peaking."he whispers I laugh and nod. I hear shuffling around and music starting to play.

"Open. "I hear Elvis I smile and open my eyes.

"Oh, Elvis." I whisper there were roses all around the floor. And him standing in the middle.

"Joy. I love you , and I always will. Will you be the honor of being my girlfriend.?"he asked happy tears flowed from my eyes.

"Yes! Yes Elvis."I squeal. I jumped outta my chair and make my way to him. I flung my arms around his neck.

"I love you Elvis!."I whisper I look up at him and he cups my cheeks.

"I, love you more."he whispers before he kisses me with passion making my knees weak.

*   *   *  *

Elvis POV

"I can't leave her."I tell the colone in daddy's office. Daddy lights a cigar and puffs it out.

"E, This is your career. You signed up for it, Know one made you." He protested.I shake my head

"She'll, be heart broken."I say to Daddy.

"Colonel , why can't Joy go. I think they'll be fine."Daddy faced him he rolled his eyes.

"This girlfriend of his, is a distraction."he said my chest flares up.

"My girlfriend has a name."I growl

"Joy, is a distraction."he says I slam my hands agianst the desk.

"Let her go, or else."I growled

"Or else what."he laughed harshly.

"I'll quit this damn music career."I threatened

"Elvis don't be stupid."he mutter. I cross my arms over my chest and lean back, narrowing my eyes at him.

"He's serious..."daddy stares at the colonel.

The colonel sighs deeply before he talks."if she ruins your career its on you."he mummbles before he slammed the door.

Joy POV.

I was eating some grapes on the bed. Watching 'I love Lucy' then Elvis runs in.

"Baby!!!"Elvis has the biggest smile on his face.

"Yes?"I smile

"Your coming on tour with me!!"he yells with happiness I smile wide

"He agreed to.!!"I ask Elvis nods he comes to me and gives me a kiss.

"Its gonna be an amazing time"Elvis whispers I smile

"Joy, when do I get to meet your parents?"he asks I pale and freeze not knowing what to say.

"Joy.."he snaps me out of it. I gulp back the tears I haven't thought of them since I was in Texas .

"I don't know."I whisper. A tear falls down my cheek.

"Baby, what's wrong. Tell me."he holds me close on the bed. I look in his eyes and he presses his lips agianst my forehead.

"I- My parents....they were horrible.."I sob he brings me on my lap. And wraps his arms around me.

"Shhh."he whispers to me. He kisses my neck and rests his head there.

"Elvis.. They were so mean to me, my daddy was a drunk. He slapped me, he tried t-to rape me"I sobbed harder 

"Its okay."he whispered stroking my hair "your, safe now."he whispers I find my self falling into sleep with me in his arms.