chapter 26

Joy POV

Amara has been in a coma for over 2 weeks, Elvis stayed at the hospital for a week taking of work. Every night he reads Amara a bedtime story like she's awake. It breaks my heart seeing Elvis like this.

"How is she?" I ask as I hear Elvis come through Graceland. He sighs and slumps on a seat.

"Like before, a sleep." He mumbles. I get a pot of coffee for me and him, its gonna be a long night.

"Honey, maybe we should let her stay here. So we could keep a better eye on her." I say softly I sit on his lap and wrap my arms around his neck.

"You know, that's a great idea!. Tomorrow morning I'm gonna call the hospital." He smiles kissing my head.

"Maybe she could even have a personal doctor, you know to check up on her." I say he nods and kisses my neck.

I felt a little kick in my stomach, I smile wide." Elvis, the baby." I smile. He raises his brow

I giggle and place his giant hand on my belly.

"Did ya feel that, baby!!" He shouts with excitement. I nod.

"Would you like to trade bodies?" I ask joking.

"I know you must be hurtin' baby I'm sorry." He mumers pulling me close.

"Hey, I would go through this a thousand times. I love watching my little ones grow up." I smile cupping his cheeks.

"A thousands times hu." He smirks, I giggle and slap his chest playfully

"Not untill ya catch me." I giggle jumping off his lap, running towards the bedroom.

"Why you little."I hear him chuckle right after me.I knew he was hot on my tail.

"Gotcha !!" I get pulled into his muscular arms.

"You did didn't you?" I giggle. He leans in close and brushes his lips against mine.

"Mommy, daddy!!!" Amelia comes running in.

"Little one is calling." I laugh, he sighs and smiles.

"Yes baby?" Elvis asks as sweetly as can be.

"I saw Amara, she was really happy. She was with some short lady, she said she knew you?" She asks. Elvis looks up at me eyes widen.

Elvis POV.

I was shocked yet scared.

"Honey, what are you talking about? Amara is in the hospital baby." Joy crouches down with me holding her hand.

"Nuh uh, I saw her she couldn't talk but I saw her in my room. She was with some lady that said she was my grandma." She says shaking her head.

"Elvis, you don't think.." Joy says with teary eyes.

"Baby, when did you see them." I ask her

"Just right now, they said they had to go." She tells me.

"Elvis, what if she di-"

"Joy, Elvis. They need you at the hospital!!" My daddy comes running in.

"Amelia you stay here with granda doger okay." I tell her she nods and I kiss her head as I run off with Joy and daddy.

We arrive at the hospital. Waiting outside the room.

"Mr. And Mrs Presley we have very sad news to tell you." Our doctor comes out.

"W-What is it!?" Joy jumps up.

"I'm sorry to inform you that your daughter Amara, S-She passed away." He tells us

"NOOOO NO , NOT MY LITTLE GIRL PLEASE!!!!!!!." Joy sobs loudly. I quickly pull her in my arms. Rocking her she sobs and holds my shirt.

" Elvis.....I- I can't breath I can't B-Breath!!" Joy cries. I shhh her till she calms down slowly.

" Elvis, whats gonna happen, How are we gonna tell Amelia?" She cries

"Hey, we'll figure it out." I whisper.

"Elvis, I can't go on Elvis. I can't!!!" She sobs more.

"Baby, I know this is hard. And its hard for me too but we have to be here for Amelia." I say to her.

Joy POV

I sob as Elvis picks me up bridal style, I was having a hard time breathing.

"Joy, stay with me. I can't lose you too!!" Elvis shouts I feel my eyes starting to close.

"Baby, please." He holds my face in my hands.

"Not you too, I love you Joy. Please don't go please. I have to have you with me, don't go." Elvis sobs.

Soon my eyes shut completely, all I could see was white.

"Momma!!!" I see Amara running towards me all in white. I smile and run to her.

"Oh my baby!!!" I smile I lift her in my arms crying.

"Why are you crying??" She asks I cup her face.

"I thought I lost you honey!!" I smile kissing her face but it just vanished.

"Momma, this is Gladys. She said she knows daddy." Amara smile up at very plumped women who looks just like Elvis.

"I saw you on your wedding day. My son looked so happy." She smiled

"Am I'm I in Heaven?" I ask.

"Honey, I'm so happy to finally meet you!!" Gladys hugs me but she just goes through me.

"Elvis...." I cry. Am I in heaven.