1. SLEEPING DEITY

A Host Of Golden Daffodils

I wandered lonely as a cloudThat floats on high o'er vales and hills,When all at once I saw a crowd,A host, of golden daffodils;Beside the lake, beneath the trees,Fluttering and dancing in the breeze

That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

- William Wordsworth

                  ISOLDE'S POV

I knew I was dreaming. Again.

How did I realize I was dreaming?

Because she was here and she looked very beautiful, so unlike a dead body.

She was smiling at me, papering soft kisses on my forehead, telling me she loves me.

And then her hand resting on my head started to freeze. She looked pale; paler than she had been in my memories. Her lips were turning purple as they smiled at me.

 The temperature was dropping. It was getting colder; she was getting colder.

I couldn't move. So I stayed silent in this dream; no, a nightmare. And as the tears rolled down my cheeks, I was helpless again. I couldn't do anything; never could. Not when she got sick, not when she turned pale, not even when she stopped breathing.

I knew I was dreaming again. I wanted to wake up.

Today's sun woke me up like every morning

Today's sun woke me up like every morning. By letting its light into my house through the glass window without any invitation and hitting my face very rudely. 

As much as it bothered me, I was very aware of the fact that I, a measly teenage orphan, did not have the strength to go against the whims of the Sun God, Soli nor did I have the money to buy new curtains after I made blankets out of the old ones.

The bed squeaked loudly on its rusty foundation as I sat down contemplating the best swear word I could come up with to politely refer to Soli. Just when I had thought of a colorful word I had the pleasure of hearing from the old man across the street, mama's warning rang in my ears, "Izzy, be careful of what you say about the God's, our existence might be nothing to them but theirs is everything to us".