22. NOBLE KIDS AND BETAL

GREAT EXPECTATIONS

Akira's POV

"What did you think, fair lady? That by forsaking my love for the warmth of some other arms, you have defeated me? Alas, madam, it is only a feeble wish of yours. I have been wounded by your cruel mockery of my love but not defeated. Never shall I be defeated by those dainty hands that dared to caress another. Never. For I shall rise like the phoenix from the ashes of the hurt you have given me. And when I fly higher than the man who has snatched you from me, I shall look down on you. When you mourn the death of my love, I shall laugh at you. For only then will I have my vengeance and- "

"Shut up and walk faster, Naeem," Louis's annoyed voice cut through Naeem's heartbreaking monologue about the most recent rejection he got which was about five minutes ago.

"Do you mind, ill-mannered child? I was in the middle of planning my vengeance upon her," Naeem looked about ready to start another round of that torture.

"Sol, Just get over it, Naeem, she had a lover," Kishar snapped at him.

"I don't see how her lover factors in her rejection of my Godly face."

"It definitely factors when the said lover tries to break that Godly face," Gunhild replied from the front of the group.

"You guys won't understand. Legends say true love triumphs all," Naeem said dramatically.

"Well, legends also say you'd be so much more likable if you keep your mouth shut," Gunhild murmured with a sigh behind me.

"We are so late on our first day and it's all because of this moron," Ebi glared at him over her shoulder.

"I don't see how all this is my fault. I mean you guys do remember how desperately she wanted to talk to me at my brother's party? She even invited me to her backyard party which I am sure way too small to host a party. Can you believe her family doesn't have a party hall?"

"Why did you even accept that invitation? You don't even go to commoner parties!" Louis's voice sounded even more annoyed if that's even possible.

"I like the feeling of getting invited, it makes me feel important," was Naeem's easy answer.

"It's truly saddening that your self-worth still depends on party invites," I said rubbing the bruised hand I got while defending this moron from that girl's canine-like lover.

That boy bit me! What are we? Five year old in the sandbox?

"The girl was a commoner. It is trully baffling that you would go to such lengths to get the approval of a commoner," Louis said with an elaborate eye-roll.

"Hmm, you're right. Why did I do that? Oh right, because I do not care what you think," Naeem said with the brightest smile.

"I swear on Selena if today marks the day of my first-ever detention, fist marks will be visible on your face, Naeem," Ebi hissed again, not taking any breaks from walking.

Apparently, it's hard to run in heels. So now we all are power walking behind her because she won't let any of us go in front of her.

Sixteen years old and she is still as competitive as ever.

"Why did you even wear heels? It's not even a party." Cephas spoke and everyone looked at him in shock.

"Cephas, since when are you with us?"