19. THE ATTRACTIVENESS OF THE SLEEPY HOLLOW

_________________________________________

               NO MAN IS AN ISLAND

ISOLDE'S POV

For someone who had just been falsely accused, I was doing rather fine.

 Other than the small fact that I feel betrayed by Akira for some reason. Well, I had no one to blame but myself.

 He's a noble. You don't trust nobles.

I woke up earlier than the bell and made my bed while humming a soft tune. I was in a good mood. I had made a new friend after all!!!!

Yesterday while walking to our rooms, Esme asked me if she could sit with me and my friends in the hall. I will not lie, it really took me by surprise. I asked her about her friends just to be sure.

To that, she scoffed and said, "Friends? You are my friend. They were like leeches. They dropped me as soon as those noble girls entered the scene. Huh! As if I actually needed them. They were the ones who needed me. Now they'll probably follow one of the noble girls. I'm telling you, these girls will always remain in supporting roles, never to get the crown." 

She flipped her hair at the end probably just for the sake of dramatic flare.

So I said yes to her request. Now from today onwards, she'll sit with us.

Again I squealed. I have three friends in total!!! I couldn't even have imagined this back in the village.

Dhara, Arthur and Esme - I repeated these names over and over and smiled to myself.

I was not an island anymore, I was part of a continent now.

Dhara on the other hand did not look to be in the mood of my beautiful if not a bit out of tone humming.

"Will you stop looking so happy? Dayuu hasn't come with any good news yet. What if those girls lie and frame you? What if you get punished?" she looked really worried even though I told her I don't mind getting punished.

For me, the biggest punishment will be getting sent back and Dayuu promised that will not happen. So I was just dandy.

My eyes fall on Eboni's empty bed and my mood dampen. She didn't come back yesterday. Where was she? Was she okay?

I was startled out of my thoughts by the loud knock that came from the door. Dhara quickly jumped off the bed and ran to get it.

"Morning girls! I have some good news. The girls confessed it was them after a tiny bit of interrogation. Apparently both of them planned it together but then got scared of the repercussions and decided to make you the scape goat instead," Dayuu informed in a loud voice as soon as Dhara opened the door.