40. RAVEN TALES

THINGS FALL APART 

Isolde's POV

The vines were moving. Towards something.

They were slithering up a dark alter.

The alter with a beheaded statue.

Sol. It was Sol's statue.

They kept slithering until they reached the man in the middle of the alter.

Tentatively, they moved closer to him.

He was asleep; with a peaceful face.

Dressed in white, he was a stark contrast to the black marble floor.

Like life and death. Ying and Yang.

His blood-red hair pooled around his head like a halo in the darkness.

Like the first drop of blood from Erebus and Aether that dripped on the chest of Chaos and gave birth to Sol and Selena.

I recognize him.

"Isolde? Midget?" a concerned voice shakes me awake

I winch at the brightness of Sol's rays as soon as I try to open my eyes. I sometimes wonder if Sol holds a special grudge against me.

Well joke's on him, I hold a grudge against him too.

I could see Akira frowning at me from above. Water dripped from his shoulder-length hair.

Wait, where am I?

"Good morning, Shorty," Akira says, the frown on his face disappearing slowly.

"Good Morning, Akira," I reply, without some stupid nickname, mind you. I was more mature than that.

I slowly stand up from my position. Back sour from falling asleep in an odd position.

"Did you have a nightmare, midget? You were shaking," Akira asks from the front of the mirror where he was drying his hair with a towel. I could see the concerned frown on his face in the mirror.