25.SOHRAB AND RUSTAM

"You mean, besides laughing our asses off?"

Akira's POV

I should've known this would happen the moment Eboni insulted that girl to tears.

I even asked Amadeus if we should do something about that scene in the lunch hall.

But no, that little twit only said, "You mean, besides laughing our asses off?"

Now suffer the consequences.

As I started running for the stage, making my way through the stunned crowd towards a shocked Eboni, I only prayed to Sol that I can get her out of here before people started laughing.

But as usual, Sol didn't listen.

The sea of silence erupted into a hurricane of laughter flooding Eboni's eyes just as I reached her.

My best friend was crying and just so you know, she didn't cry easily!

What was wrong with that girl? Why would she humiliate Eboni like this? Why would all these kids laugh at a poor girl like this?

As I cover her with my Yukata and hug her shaking body, I regret not telling Eboni about the situation.

I held her tighter as another sob wracked her body. I was used to seeing her strutting around like she owned everything, not crying like this.

"It was you, you commoner bitch!" Naeem's angry yell reached my ears, breaking off the trance of musing.

His accusing finger was pointing at a girl holding a rope.

Wait, that was the fiery midget, Isolde!

I wouldn't have expected to end up in that glasses-wearing scatter-brain Orion's office by the end of the day after how well this day began

I woke up feeling refreshed, without that accursed nightmare for the first time in a while.

Well, it kind of went bad when I had to endure Cephas and Naeem singing a duet in their bathrooms that were separated by a thin wall.

Then it definitely got better when I sat next to the midget and annoyed her into gifting me with frequent glares. Her annoyed glare paired with a polite smile for the sake of my parentage became harder and harder for her to hold on to which was extremely entertaining.