13. THE DRAGON OF THE SUN

Of dragons breathing without the frame of fables

ISOLDE'S POV

"Stop vibrating, will you? I feel sick just by looking at you," Dhara warned me again even though she was fidgeting herself; constantly checking her clothes and hair.

"But I can't, I'm too excited! it's our first day of academy!!" I explained myself for the third time today.

Yes! today is the first day of the academy. My first time in any kind of educational place actually. 

Oh, Mama! You would be so happy to see me here.

The last two days went in a whirlwind with me running around preparing for the first day. Collecting new books, getting the funds from the nearby bank, buying new clothes, and whatnot.

Apparently someone was funding my education. They won't tell me that person's identity for some reason.

So here I was, after all the preparation, standing in front of the Base Magic classroom in my newly bought white ankle-length dress and yellow jumper. 

I never had such beautiful clothes. So in my excitement, I even sewed a butterfly on one of the sleeves.

Everybody in our room woke up early today. Well, in my case, couldn't sleep a wink because of the excitement. I jumped out of bed as soon as the morning call came and dashed to the bathroom. Dhara woke up next, then Miss Abdallah from her beauty sleep. 

Then everything was like a race against time. Dhara and I were frantically running around whilst our third roommate started taking out some bottles from her closet and sat in front of the mirror.

 She then proceeded to put everything on her face. After we finished dressing up, she was still doing her eyes with a black liner. 

Gods, how many things does she use on her face? In the village, even the brides only wore rouge and lipstick. 

I was rooted on my spot; dazedly watching her highlight facial features beautifully. She made her eyelids so pretty with something sparkly.

Maybe If I ask politely, she'll teach me how to do that. 

Later maybe. I am still not brave enough to voluntarily talk to her.

We left for the mass hall, leaving Miss Abdallah alone in front of her mirror. 

After finishing breakfast, the two of us almost ran to our classroom when we saw some other students crowding in front of the locked door. We stood alongside others which brings us to our current predicament with me vibrating with excitement and embarrassing  Dhara.

 People around us were chattering constantly, introducing themselves in hopes of finding new friends. One blond boy came up to us as well and started to introduce himself,