42. ESME-ORIGINAL FLOWER

Isolde's POV

Isolde's POV

It was happening again.

I couldn't move; couldn't scream. The invisible hands were back to suffocate me again.

I was paralyzed. 

The yellow orbs moves rhythmically through my blurry vision like lantern for Solstice carnival. They keep getting bigger and bigger.

My breath hitches when I feel the touch of a cold body slithering across my frozen form. It slowly but steadily makes it way upwards halting every time a frightened sound leaves my mouth. It feels like an eternity before It crawls up to my neck.

I curse my traitorous body for defying my commands. It is as if I was a statue made of ice. Cold and unmoving. 

Something wet touches my collar bone. The slimy chill brushes itself along my neck. A long stroke meant to satisfy some twisted urge.

Move, move, damn it!!

Do something, anything.

"Save yourself, Izzy. You don't have mama to protect you anymore. It's just you, little one, just you," a voice hisses inside my mind.

Breathing becomes harder. Scream threatens to penetrate my lungs.

And there it was again. The sensation on my palms. It was cold and hot at the same time. My hands felt like they were on fire and freezing at the same time. 

It was like standing in the Daffodil field one last time to savor their bloom before cruel winter's bony fingers steal them away to the land of death where nothing ever grows. 

And all of a sudden, the cold thing on my neck was gone.

"Hey, moron, what was your damn perverted snake doing climbing up my friend?" A voice, Esme's screams with fury!

And just as it came, the paralysis was gone....just like that.

A dizzying feeling takes over me as black spots appear in place of my previously blurry vision. An enormous fatigue flood my senses. The world weighs down on my shoulders.

I look around through my slowly clearing vision to see Esme holding up Naeem's pet snake by it's tail like how Eboni holds up any piece of clothing that doesn't live up to her fashion standards.

Akira looks confusedly at Naeem without saying anything. 

And Naeem? He just looks around lost and panicked. His frantic eyes dart from me to the snake now struggling in Esme's hand. 

"I am asking you something, you prick? What were you trying to do?" Esme asks again, this time with more force.

"I- uh..." Naeem looks around frantically as if to take in the situation he has caused.