12. THE CLUMSY THIEF

You have no enemies, you say?

                                                       Alas! my friend, the boost is poor;

ISOLDE'S POV

Dear mama in heaven, you would be disappointed if you ever found out that when I caught a thief for the first time in my life; instead of beating him black and blue, I gaped at him.

I wouldn't say the boy in front was beautiful but he was striking in a way I cannot describe.

Yup! The boy whose features became visible to me as soon as Dhara turned on the lights was an other earthly beauty. As If Sol himself dwelled in those wild fiery locks that came to his shoulders; pale skin illuminated with the gentlest yellow hue; a chiseled face having lost its baby fat that looked more like a man's highlighted by forest green orbs looking nervously around. 

He looked oddly inhuman for some reason. I couldn't put my fingers on it but he somehow looked distinctively animalistic even though his features were perfectly human.

He glared at me and I returned the gesture. 

It went on until Dhara's voice registered in my mind. The trance broke like fragile glass and its shards pierced my soul but I didn't know it just yet.

Then he broke into a run towards the window again but he tripped, again! this time not on a suitcase but my carefully placed foot.

"Just what do you think you were doing, Mr. Ryuuzaki? Do you even know the consequences of sneaking into the peach castle?" Dayuu's voice was hoarse from all the screaming she has been doing since she entered this room.

Apparently, our screams have not only woken my roommates but managed to alert her as well. She ran here frantically thinking one of us was hurt!

So here we were, sitting in our beds, watching Dayuu shout at the beautiful thief. 

Well, not a thief actually, more like an intruder. 

Apparently, Mr. Red head Robber over here is also a student. An idiot one to be more specific, who thought he could break some measly rules to give his friend, Miss. Abdallah, a surprise. 

Oh, She was surprised all right. So surprised that she let out an earth-shattering scream as soon as she woke up. 

Some surprise that was!

"Do you have anything to say for yourself Mr. Ryuuzaki? Or should I send a warning letter home to your parents?" Dayuu's voice was grave this time, having lost some of its previous anger.

"No mam, I don't have anything to say. But please don't inform my parents. I promise not to do it again. Please forgive me this time," he pleaded with a somewhat scratchy voice of his.

"Hmm, What do you think, girls? Should I? you guys were the victim of this ill advised stunt. So you guys decide," she said; this time looking at us, hands resting on her hips.

"You can be honest, girls. No need to be afraid," she said in a soothing tone.

Forgive him?

 I mean I would've but I couldn't ignore Dhara's sobbing hiccups next to me because this fool over here broke her  grandma's bracelets when he tried to escape for the third time. He was running towards Dhara's window to escape me when he  knocked over her jewelry box. 

"I *Hic* don't want to *hic* forgive him," she said in a shaky voice in between hiccups.

"But I want to! He just came here to surprise me! He didn't mean any harm," Miss Abdallah said in her usual haughty voice.

Dhara started to cry even harder at her words. She looked at me to vote in her favor against this injustice. Her big doe eyes stared straight into my soul.

 Now how was I supposed to betray her for a pair of pretty eyes?

"Well Dayuu, I think his parents should be informed. he destroyed a sentimental item of a  fellow classmate after all," I said, hoping my voice wouldn't waver.

With that, I earned burning glares from both the surprise giver and the surprise receiver.

"Now then come along, Mister Ryuuzaki. We need to inform your dorm head of this transgression too," She clapped her hand and made a hurrying motion towards the read head.

As they were exiting the room, our eyes met again for a moment but this time instead of nervous shock, it held anger in them. 

"You will pay for this", he mouthed before following Dayuu down the stairs. Dhara hugged me as soon as the footsteps vanished into the silence of the night. 

"You know you just gained an enemy you can't afford, right?" Miss. Abdallah's haughty voice came to my ears as I was consoling Dhara. We both looked at her in surprise.

Was she right? Did I really gain myself an enemy?

That wasn't part of my plan!

Thank you so much to all who took the time to read my book

Thank you so much to all who took the time to read my book. It means a lot to me.

I will update tomorrow. Please leave votes and comments on stuff you like or dislike.

Hope you enjoy this chapter.