1

"Mama! Mama!"

I woke up to the sound of my four year old daughter, December, calling me, and to the tapping of her small hands.

I opened my eyes and yawned.

"What's the matter, baby?" I asked tiredly.

"Mama, it's three thirty. Don't you have to go to work soon?" I snapped my eyes entirely open and checked my phone. It was three thirty. I sat up and kissed December's forehead.

"Thanks, Ember." I slid out of bed, hurriedly got dressed, brushed my teeth, did my hair, got December dressed, and was downstairs by 3:50.

I checked my phone to see if I have any messages from my boss. I did.

Tonight, you will have to be working the night shift because one of the workers called off sick. Thanks darling. Love you. Toodles!!

My face fell into a worried one. I turned myself and looked back at December.

"What's wrong, mama?" I sighed and walked over to her, wrapping her in my arms.

"Mama is going to have to do night shift again." I said softly. "I won't be home until late. So don't wait up for me, okay?"

"MmHmm." she hums sadly.

I made her breakfast, lunch, and dinner, then put them in containers so that they will stay warm throughout the day. I handed her a fork and spoon along with the container with her breakfast in it.

I ran to all the windows and made sure they were locked, I closed the blinds, then closed the curtains.

I kissed December's forehead, and left, leaving her with a 'love you' and a 'stay away from all doors and windows.'

I turned the car on and drove to work.

My job is a weird one. In the day time, it's a regular cafe, and in the night time, it's a club. There are two reasons why I don't like working the night shift.

1. Because I have a four year old daughter to take care of.

2. When I come home I don't want her smelling all the alcohol on me.

As soon as I stepped through the doors one of my coworkers looked up from the cashier.

"Hey hey, Wade." Max greeted. His real name is Maxwell, but we call him Max. Nobody here other than me knows about how I gave birth to a baby girl and now she's four years old. Except the owner and manager, Vinny Wilbert.

"Hi." I went to the back and grabbed an apron, then went back to the front, where I grabbed trays of food and drinks to serve to customers.

Right when I grabbed two drinks off the counter and put them on a tray, a customer had walked in, and I collided with him. Both drinks had splattered onto his suit.

He had on a charcoal colored three piece suit, with a black vest and a dark silver velvet tie. His suit hugged every curve of his muscular build. He was pretty tall too. I'm not tall at all, just a 5'6 male, but he seemed six feet or over.

I stared at his suit, then stared at his face. His jawline was fucking sharp. And when I say sharp, I mean it can cut steel. His eyes were a hazel green, and his eyebrows were so low, it added sexiness to his eyes. His raven, wavy hair hung over his eyes in thin strands. He looked really sexy.

I saw the corner of his mouth curve up a little.

"Oh! I'm so so so sorry! I'll go get something to wipe it!" I turned to run behind the counter but was stopped when he set his hand on my shoulder.

"It's okay. No need to panic. I have another one in my car." His voice was deep, like, sexily deep. A man behind him, dressed in a black suit walked out.

"Come have a talk with me." he said. He picked a table all the way in the back corner, and I followed.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked, trying not to embarrass myself even further.

"I've heard from some people that this cafe isn't just a cafe. What do they mean?" His face seemed curious and amused.

"In the day time, it's a cafe, at night, it's a club. From twelve P.M to seven P.M it's a cafe. Then club hours start at ten P.M and end at seven A.M." I replied.

"And you only work cafe hours?"

"Yes, but sometimes, days like today happen, and I end up working both the club and the cafe."

The man in the black suit came back and handed it to the man sitting in front of me. He sat up and went to the bathroom, and when he came out, it was the same suit he had on earlier, except it doesn't have a stain.

Once the man sat down, we talked to each other for a little while longer since it wasn't busy here. I got a little to comfortable to talking to him because I almost let out the fact that I have a daughter.

"I was super reluctant to accept the job because I have a dau-........" I paused for a moment, internally screaming at myself. "Pet dog at home, and she's really, super old. Yeah. And she likes messing things up so I always have to check on her." I awkwardly laughed.

"What is your name?" the man asked.

"My name is Wade Reeves, sir." I replied back.

"Well, Wade, it was very nice chatting with you, but sadly I have business matters to attend to. But thank you for the company." I stood up and gave him a respectful smile as he left.

I let out a sigh, and and began cleaning tables and sweeping.

Once I finished that, I hurriedly took my apron off, grabbed my bag, and drove home. When I got back to the apartment, I opened and shut the door in a split second.

"Ember? Baby? Mama's home!" I heard little tiny footsteps racing down the hallway. December turned the corner and flew right into my arms.

"How was work mama?" she asked.

"It was good. And it looks like I'll be able to eat dinner with you." December giggled, and we walked over to the kitchen getting ready for dinner.

I set her up in her chair and set her food in front of her, and we ate dinner together.

Happily.