53

Hunter Forts. (Wades due date in a few days)
I woke up in the hospital, Wade and Mr. Bridgemond sitting beside my bed.

"Are you feeling okay?" Wade asked. I nodded.

"How long have I been here?" I asked.

"A week." He replied. "Do you remember how you got stabbed? And by who?" I nodded again, remembering everything that happened that day.

"It was Olivia. When I found out what she had done to the both of you, I tried to end things with her and tell her to leave, and when I thought she was, she stabbed me, then left."

Both Wade and Mr. Bridgemond sat at the edge of their seat.

"Make sure you tell the police everything. And make sure you turn everything in. Babe, you must be there to justify the information written down since he's not the one who collected it." Wade said. Mr. Bridgemond just nodded.

I saw December, sitting on the other side of the room.

"Is it okay if I talk to her in private?" I asked. Wade glared at me, but Mr. Bridgemond set his hand on his shoulder.

"Let him. He can't hurt her in this state. And I know for a fact that he won't cause anymore burden to you." Wade's expression softened.

"Alright." They walked out of the room, watching me through the window of the door.

"Hi." I said to her.

"Hello." She said back.

"Look, I'm not gonna beat around the bush. I hurt your mother a lot, and I do regret all of it. I'm not gonna ask to get back with your mom because I don't deserve to. And I know you already know that I'm your actual father, but I'm not. And so, I want to ask for your forgiveness, and I want to ask if I can be a friend to you, your mother, and your father." She just stared at me.

"I know you hurt mama, I know you're my real dad, I know you're a butthole," I internally winced at that. I knew that if she could, she'd cuss me out in a split second. "But I also know how sorry you are. I can see it in your eyes. So, you have my forgiveness. And I'll put in a good word to mama and Ronin." I force, shocked at her words, but thanked her.

"Thank you." I said. She smiled.

"Holding on to grudges doesn't bring anything good. That's why you live your life with happiness, kindness, and a good kind of pride." I nodded back.

"You've got that right."

I signaled for them to come back in.

When Wade sat down, I looked at his stomach.

"How long until the little man is born?" I asked.

"Um, about, like, he'll be here five days? Or so? I can't wait." He replied.

"When he's born, is it okay for me to see him?" Wade paused when I said it.

"Mama, let him see Luka. He is really sorry, and just wants to be friends with all of us." December said. "He's a really good person on the inside. Holding grudges won't bring the rainbows and sunshine you want."

He stared for moment then sighed.

"You're right. I'll let him see Luka when I can." I smiled at both Mr. Bridgmond and Wade.

"Thank you both."