52

Hunter Forts
I was sitting on the couch in the living room while Olivia slept upstairs in my room.

Lately, and for a while now, she has been distancing herself from me ever since an incident that happened in front of the building.

I'm just sitting down, watching one of my favorite shows on the TV when I hear and hard, aggressive knock come to my door. I check the time.

Why is there someone knocking on my door this late?

I shrug it off and walked over, opening the door. Mr. Bridgemond was standing there, his expression blank but angry at the same time.

"Good evening." He said.

"Hello." I said back. "How may I help you at this time of night?" He let out an irritated laugh. Usually, I always see him in a suit, but right now, he's just in gray sweats, skin tight black shirt, and black slides with white socks.

I accidentally make a face at how muscled he is.

"No time for staring." He snapped.

"Sorry. But what do you need, sir?" He held up a suitcase. "And what is that?"

"You'll see." I didn't even say a word as he just invited himself in and sat down on the couch.

"So," he started. "Your girlfriend is in a great amount of trouble." He said.

"What? Why?"

He didn't say a word and just laid out pictures, papers, and a tablet with a video on the table.

"I want you to look at everything." He said. "I don't care how hard it is to read, watch, look at. Look at them all. Don't speak until you have.

My job was on the line, and I knew it. And my relationship with Olivia was too. Because in these pictures, Olivia was in her basement, abusing Wade, acting as if he was an animal, locking him in a cage.

I read all the papers. They were reports on what was happening, how Olivia wrapped a collar around Wade's neck, how she kicked and beat him. How she verbally abused him. Everything.

I even watched the video and saw and heard everything. I couldn't believe what www going on. My heart dropped into my stomach and my mouth became dry. I couldn't explain this feeling of discomfort, disbelief, anger, sadness, embarrassment, disgust. It all seemed like a nightmare.

"This is all a lie." I said, my arms and legs shaking to the bone. "You've got to be mistaken. This isn't her." I tried to argue.

"Oh it's all true." He pulled up his shirt to reveal a patched bullet wound. "It all true. You can even go ask her."

I stared at him for a moment, then got up and walked upstairs, woke her up, and came down.

When she saw him, her eyes widened and she froze.

"What brings Me, Bridgemond here?" She asked.

"Sit." He said. She sat down beside me, scanning all the papers on the table. She became even more nervous.

"Mr. Forts, you can explain to her and ask the question." I looked and weakly cleared my throat.

"This is about you, Wade, and your basement. Did you do it?"

She shook her head.

"No! Why would I do that?" She asked, panicked.

"YOU LIAR! ALL OF THIS EVIDENCE ON THE TABLE AND YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO LIE?! YOU ARE SUCH A LOWLY BITCH! I HOPE YOU SPEND THE REST OF YOUR DAYS IN PRISON!" I yelled. Honestly, I didn't believe him, but when I saw her expression from the time she set foot downstairs to now, it all told me.

"Babe!" She yelled back. "What are you talking about? I didn't do anything! I promise." Mr. Bridgemond slipped off the couch and out of the house in silence.

"Don't lie to me. I know you did it. I read everything and watched everything. I know what you did." She began to cry. "I didn't know that you were such a piece of shit. I didn't know that you were such a lying bitch. And I should have figured all of this out a long time ago. Just because my eyes were set on someone else you decide that it's a good idea to kidnap someone, to physically and verbally abuse them, to shoot someone. And you walk around like it's okay. If you would have shot Wade, and killed him, you would have been charged for two counts of murder. You're lucky Mr. Bridgemond jumped in front, and you're lucky he survived because you could have been charged for murder."

She shook her head.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done it. Could you please give me another chance? I'll do better! I promise! Don't leave me!" She yelled, grabbing my hand. I yanked it back.

"I'm not gonna take my chances with a murder. Pack your shit and leave. I want you out before I go to sleep."

She slowly got up, walking about. I sat down on the couch, burying my face in my hands. Olivia comes back, and I stood up.

"Why are you still here?" She didn't say and word, and instead, swiped her hands from behind her back and brought out a knife, stabbing me with it in the stomach.

She lets gon and runs back upstairs, crying and screaming. I'm left on the floor, groaning in pain, staring at the knife still buried in my skin, blood staining my shirt.

Olivia ran out of the house with her things.

I grabbed the phone out of my pocket and dialed 911.
_
As I waited for the ambulance, I begin to feel my consciousness slip away, then, everything goes black.
_______________________________________
I'm just saying for some people, but if you get stabbed, don't pull the knife out because then your blood would spill out faster.
If you get shot, try your best to plug it with your finger so you don't lose blood too fast.