54

Wade Reeves
Today is the day Luka is supposed to come, and I've just woken up. I get up with such a shock that I don't even have a thought in my brain. As I got up, I looked over at Ronin who was on his phone.

"Morning beautiful." He kissed my head.

"Good morning." I got up and got dressed, making breakfast. I paced and paced, shaking and shaking every step I took. I rubbed my belly constantly.

When we sat down for breakfast, December and Ronin could see how ready I am and how excited I am.

"Babe, calm down. He'll come. Just be patient." I whined.

"I know, but like, I want him out, for all of us, especially me, and for himself too!"

"Mama, calm down." I just rolled my eyes and calmed myself.

Later on, we decided to go grocery shopping since we were running low on some stuff.
_
It's the afternoon and he's still not ready. But I tried not to sweat it and went on with my day.

We watched a few movies, played games, just like usually.

And while we were taking a break, I decided to fix us a little snack.

I'm happily humming in the kitchen when my voice hitched and I felt a pain through my low stomach.

"Babe. BABE! I THINK MY WATER BROKE!!!" Ronin jumped up and ran towards me. "OH IT HURTS!!!!"

"Come on," he said, let's get you into the car." Ronin helped walk me to the car and set me inside softly. December hopped into the back seat while Ronin ran over to the drivers side, got in, and sped off.

Driving through the streets, Ronin went as fast as he could towards the hospital. And when we got there, we hurriedly walked in, Ronin yelling and screaming that I'm about to have my baby. Nurses take me into a room, and that's when everything went down.

They set everything up, nurses and doctors ran into the room, December was sitting outside with one of the nurses.

The nurse yelling at me to push. And GODDAMN DID THAT SHIT HURT!

"Push!" She yelled.

"CAN YIU JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP?! WHAT YOU THINK I'M TRYNA DO?!" The nurse ignored me and told me to push again.

I gripped onto Robin's hand, it beginning to turn purple.
_
During while I was pushing, I felt myself go in and out of consciousness. It's been about two hours and a half since I've been pushing.

I gave my last pushes until I actually felt drained, and when I almost lost consciousness, I felt relief and then a baby cry. The nurse pulled a little tiny human from under my hospital gown and wrapped him up, handing him to me.

As I held him, his tiny little fists were balled up. He was so small. I began to cry.

"Hi there." I said. "I'm your mama. Over there is your dad." I glanced up at Ronin, tears in his eyes, and he's smiling big.

"Hey little man." He says.

"It was worth it. Definitely worth being in pain for you."

Little baby Luka Bridgemond was born at exactly 1:47 A.M on January 22.