46

Wade Reeves
When I woke up, I was in a hospital bed. I looked around, doctors and nurses standing around me. I tried to sit up but the doctor stopped me.

"You need to rest, Mr. Reeves," the doctor said. "Your body had been overworked, and you also have to think about your unborn child. If you continue this recklessness, this child could be harmed too. So just take it easy and lay down and rest. We will take care of Me. Bridgemond for you, alright?" Although I wanted to say something else, I didn't have enough energy to argue, so I just nodded.

"Another thing," the doctor said. "You're lucky. Your baby is still healthy, despite all the stress you've been through." I sighed. I was relieved that at least I was certain I wouldn't lose two people. The doctors and nurses left. I laid in the empty hospital room, not able to move around, and just decided to sleep.
_
I was woken up by the same doctor.

"Yes?" I asked.

"It's about Mr. Bridgemond." I opened my eyes even more. "We did some surgery on him, and......."

I gulped, waiting for an answer. If I was in a chair, I'd be sitting at the edge of it. I held my breath, I wouldn't let it out until I get the answer. I was anxious for the answer.

"The surgery was a success!" He congratulated. I finally let out a breath and smiled. "And it's a miracle that, when he was shot, the bullet missed all of his organs and any important part of his body. We were successfully able to remove the full billet. So, just a few months of rest and he'll be up and running again." I smiled.

"Who preformed this surgery?" I asked.

"A few surgeons and I." The doctor replied. I smiled and gripped his hand.

"Thank you so, so so much for your help. I'm grateful to you." I set my forehead onto his hand.

"It's not problem. Just doing what I love, helping people." I sat up.

"Could you call everyone who worked on the surgery here?" The doctor nodded. I thanked him, and he set off out of the room.

I looked down and rubbed my belly.

"You hear that, Luka? Daddy's gonna be okay. So you don't have to worry anymore." I sat up and swung my legs to dangle off the bed.

Minutes later, men and women surgeons walked in.

"I want to thank all of you for saving Ronin." I said. "I can't thank you all enough." They all smiled.

"You're very welcome." One surgeon said.

"We are glad to help." Another surgeon said.

We all talked for a little bit here and there.

"By tomorrow, you'll be able to see him in his room, but for now, no one is to visit him since the surgery was just preformed today. I nodded in understanding.

"Alrighty then. Thank you to everyone." I said again.

They all walked out of the room. I laid back down, rubbing my belly, smiling, and just thinking about the life Ronin, December, Luka, and I will have.