14

I'm sorry that this took so long after I've continuously published a chapter. I've just been busy with schoolwork and such. I might go on a short break for about another month or a few weeks, I don't know, but here is a chapter.

December was playing and watching TV in the living while Ronin and I sat at the Kitchen table.

As those words left Robin's lips I felt a sense of relief, like a burden or something had been taken off my shoulders.

I smiled.

"Thank you." I said. It felt nice, really nice. Ronin and I talked some more as we watched December.

Hunter Forts
I woke up to an empty bed, hearing Olivia cooking breakfast in the kitchen.

I slid out of bed and went downstairs to see her. When I got there, I saw that the was dressed in house shoes and my shirt, which was oversized on her.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed the back of her neck.

"Good morning babe." I said into her ear. She put down the spatula and turned to me, kissing my cheek.

"Morning. Go brush your teeth and change so we can eat and leave." She said. I did just that and came back downstairs. We sat down, had breakfast, and left for work.

When I clocked into work, I sat down at my desk and began working on the document my boss wanted next Monday.

I skimmed through it when I heard my office phone ring.

"Forts." I said.

"Come to my office." I heard my boss say. I stood up and walked over to his office, knocking on the door when I arrived.

"Come in!" He called. I pushed the door open and stood in front of his desk. My boss motioned for me to sit down, and so I did.

"Good morning Forts." My boss says.

"Good morning sir." He doesn't waste any time jumping into the topic.

"So," my boss started. "We will be working with one of the biggest trading companies in America." He said.

"Which one?" I asked.

"Bridge Corporations." I felt like this whole entire building had been bombed when he said that.

"Bridge Corporations?!" I yelled out. Even though that company isn't the biggest, it's around the second largest.

"Yes, Bridge Corporations. Any objections?" He asked. I shook my head.

"No! Of course not!" I was just surprised that such a big company would want to work with our company, and company that's way lower than them.

"When will the meeting be held?" I asked the boss.

"It will be held next Wednesday at 7:30 A.M. That means arrive at work an hour early." I nodded in understanding.

"Is that it, sir?" He hummed in response and I left.

I sat down at my desk and felt a pair of arms wrap around my neck.

"What did the boss want?" Olivia asked.

"He was just telling me about the company we will be working on a project with." I replied.

"Which company is it?"

"Bridge Corporations." I heard her gasp.

"Are you serious?" I nodded.

"A company that big?

"Yup." I nodded again. Olivia squealed and squeezed me.

"That's great! Maybe we'll get hugged pay if we do a good job on this project!"

I thought about it. She's right. If we do do a good job, boss might raise our pay.

I got back to work on working on the payments and went on about my daily day.

Wednesday rolled around, and the boss wanted me in earlier than usual. And that's what I did. I sat at the long wooden table in the middle of the meeting room along with Olivia and a few other coworkers. Boss sat next to the seat beside the seat in the middle of the long table.

We waiting minutes, until at exactly 7:30 A.M, the assistant of the CEO of Bridge Corporations opens the door.

And the man that walked in made me want to give up working with the company.

The same man that gave me a grimacing look at the mall when I saw Wade and my daughter was here.

He walked over to the table and sat down in the middle seat.

"Good morning, everyone." He said in a deep voice. "I am the CEO of Bridge Corporations, Ronin Bridgemond. I will be working with you guys on this new project." He looked me dead in the eyes.

"I can't wait to see what kind of ideas you all have."

I gulped.

What kind of luck is this?