12

As I felt his lips on mine I could feel by heart pounding against my chest, my breath stopping.

His lips weren't soft, but they weren't rough either, and I found comfort in them.

It felt like time had stopped in the moment, making me forget where I was, making these few seconds go by like minutes.

When Ronin pulled away, his eyes never left mine, and a little smile curved on his lips. His thumb stroked my cheek softly.

"Beautiful." He whispered and I blushed but smiled.

"Quit lying." I playfully said.

After our night time routines we under the covers on either side of December and fell asleep, all three of us together.

Ronin Bridgemond
I woke up, stretching. This was the best sleep and morning I've gotten in a while. I usually wake up in a huge bedroom, all by myself, looking forward to nothing but work, but that stopped today.

I look over to see December sleeping between me and Wade, her chest rising and falling as she breathed. Wade's sleeping face was angelic. His mouth was slightly open, his long eyelashes laying across his eyes, his rosy cheeks were just the most adorable thing I've ever seen.

He seemed at peace.

Like all of his problems and worries were part of a story he read years ago.

December began to sigh and sat up, rubbing her eyes.

"Good morning." She said happily but sleepily.

"Good morning, Ember." I said back. She looked around and her eyes settled on Wade. She began to smile.

"Mama is at peace when he's in his dreams." She said. "Mama doesn't have to worry about anything, not me, not work, not his hardships, just carefree."

This four year old's words never cease to amaze me.

I set my hand on her head and ruffled her hair.

"Big words for such a tiny girl." Her smile beamed.

"It's all thanks to my mama. He taught me all the words, he home schooled me. Well, kind of." I smiled even more.

December got out of bed and began to get ready in the bathroom, and as she was doing that Wade had shaken awake.

Wade Reeves
When I opened my eyes I saw Ronin, sitting with his back on the backboard, looking a little too sexy in the morning for my eyes to handle.

"Morning beautiful." He said. I was caught off guard and began unconsciously staring at him, not saying a word.

"Wade? Wade? Hello? Wade are you there?" He called, waving his hands in front of my face making me snap out of the trance.

"Oh, yeah, sorry. But good morning though." I laughed a laugh full of embarrassment. Ronin began drawing closer to me, brushing my hair away from my face.

"Forgot about last night?" I shook my head. "Good, because I want to ask you something." I propped myself up on my hands, sitting up to listen to him.

"I want to ask you if you'd, um, uh, like to.....to......to......" he trailed off, his face turning a little red. "Date..........m-me. I mean, if you don't want to that's fine, but like, I really, really like you. I think I'm falling hard. Probably way too hard, but I am, and I'd be honestly happy if you'd agree. What am I saying? I sound weird. Right? You know what? I'm just being weird. You can forg-"

I burst into laughter.

"Yes." Was all I said.

"What?" His dark eyes were staring at me.

"Yes. I agree to date you." Ronin began laughing then burst into laughter and hugging me as tight as he could.

"Oh my god! I promise, I'll make you happy. Thank you!" I hugged him back.

"But honestly, you're a thirty one year old man and you sound like a sixteen year old teenager." I laughed.

"Leave me alone. I've never asked anyone out before, okay? It's usually people asking me, but for some reason I couldn't keep my feelings for you in. Weird huh?" I shook my head.

"No not really."

Before I knew it, Ronin was laying on the backboard of the bed, me laying on his shoulder, and his hand wrapped around my shoulder.

December opened the door and stared at us. I patted the space between me and Ronin, and she smiled and hopped onto the bed and snuggled herself between us.

For the rest of the morning, all three of us laid there, enjoying each other's company.