16

December and I were sitting in the living room of Robin's huge mansion. Suddenly, the sound of my phone went off. It was Stella, so I picked up the phone.

"Hello?" I called.

"Hey hey." Stella said.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Nothing. I just wanted to know if you wanted to hang out with me, Jordan, and the kids."

"That sounds fun." I told her. "Where and when?"

"At the restaurant across your cafe. Just meet up there in about an hour." I smiled but then suddenly looked down at December, who was playing with her tablet in my lap.

"Is it okay if I bring another person?" I asked.

"Yeah! Of course!"

"Okay, thanks. See you in an hour"

"See ya." When I hung up the phone I kind of dreaded the fact that I asked. What if she makes fun of me? Or what if she begins to hate me? I couldn't keep overthinking. Stella is a lovely person. And so is the kids and Jordan.

"Baby, Ember, we need to get dressed. Mommy is going to take you out to eat to meet some friends mommy made a little while back." I said.

"Mama had friends?" She asked excitedly. I smiled and nodded.

"Yup. They seem like really nice people. They also have two kids around your age that you could play with." She happily clapped her hands. I picked her up and carried her to the room to get her dressed.

Once finished, I called Ronin, telling him December and I were going out.

"And where did you you say you were going?" He asked.

"Just the restaurant across the street." I replied.

"Okay, well, stay safe. I love you." I blushed when he said that three lettered word. I looked to my side to see December staring up at me.

"I love you too. Bye." Her eyes began lighting up and she smiled.

"Mama loves Ronin! Mama loves Ronin!" She taunted. I laughed.

I buckled December into her car seat and drove to the restaurant across the cafe. I pulled into the parking lot and parked the car, turning it off. I took December out of her car seat and carried her into the cafe.

When the door opened, the chimes began colliding with each other, making quite a nice, soothing sound. I look left and right for Stella, but it didn't take me long to find them because she stood up and began vigorously waving at me.

"Over here!" She yelled. It was kind of embarrassing. I walked over to their table and sat down, putting December on my lap. A waitress came to our table and took our orders. I ordered for December and myself.

Minutes later, the waitress came back to the table with our orders and set them on the table. When every dish was on the table, Stella turned towards us, looking at me then December.

"So," she said. "Who is this cutie pie?" She asked.

"This 'cutie pie' is my daughter, December." I said. Silence hung in the air.

"Your daughter?" she asked.

"Yes, this is my daughter, but before you say anything else, I'll explain as much as I can."

And so, I gave them the most thorough explanation I could.
_______________________________________
Olivia Brown
- 23 years old
- assistant of the department boss
- the girl that Hunter cheated on Wade with