39

Wade Reeves
Ronin, December, and I all sat in the couch, talking about our unborn child.

"How about we start coming up with names for him." I suggested.

"Oohh!" December said.

"Ember, do you mind if you go get mama a pen and paper?" I asked. She replied with an 'okay' and set off to find one and paper. Not long after she left, she came back and handed the notebook and pen to me.

"Any suggestions?" I asked.

"Mikey!" December yelled out. I wrote that down.

"What about Oliver?" Ronin said. I wrote that down too.

Names kept being thrown out, and I was writing them down. Ronin and December both snapped their heads up, looked at each other, and smiled.

"Luka!" They yelled out in unison.

"That's the perfect name for him!" December yelled out in excitement. I looked at the both of them.

"Luka?" I asked. They nodded. "Luka is his name then. For the rest of the night, we watched movies together and played games.
_
I checked my phone to see the time. It's already midnight. December had already fell asleep on Robin's lap. So he picked her up softly and took her up to her room, then came back down to hell me walk to our room. As he helped me lay down in bed his hand was set on my back, and he stood closely to the bed. After I was secured on the bed, he set pillows around me and on the floor, just in case I fall.

He laid next to me, his hand resting in my stomach.

"I'm so glad I get to have this child with you." He said softly, and kissed my temple. I nodded.

"I'm just so thankful for you. You've been there for me every second I've needed it. And you've made my life so much easier. Previously, carrying my first child was a struggle, since I had to do it all on my own. Although it was worth the struggle, it was still a struggle. And you made it so much easier for me to look after December and carry Luka." I stared into his eyes, seeing my reflection in them.

"It's my duty to be there for someone I love, no?" I nodded. We talked a little more before going to bed.
_
The next day, Ronin and I decided to go over to Jordan's and Stella's house to hand out with them and let December hang out with Carter and Lucy.

"So," Stella started. "How many months?" She asked.

"About five." I replied.

"Yup, it's growing." Jordan said. "Have you decided on a name for the lil' man?" She asked.

"All three of us decided on Luka. Ronin and December picked it out." Stella walked closer to me and cupped her hand over her mouth and whispered to the baby.

"Hey, Luka, I'm your auntie Stella." She said. "Over there is your auntie Jordan. And your sister and cousins are over there." We all laughed.

Ronin noticed my feet were about to give out and set a chair down for me.

"Thank you." I said.

"No problem, babe." He said back.

"Oohhh!" Stella let out. "Y'all are so cute!" I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Shut up."