9

Ronin Bridgemond
I set December in her car seat and buckled her in and walked over into the drivers seat.

While on the road, December was looking out the window at all the lights of the street lamps and such.

"Ronin," she said.

"Hm?" I replied back.

"Will you be the one to put an actual smile on mama's face? Will you be the one to give me a daddy?"

"That's-" She interrupted me.

"Will you be the one that makes this isolated family warm?"

I was caught off guard by that. How could this tiny four year old know such a thing? My questions turned to sympathy.

I lowered my smile.

"Maybe one day soon." Is all I said. For the rest of the ride no words were exchanged.

December Reeves
I saw Ronin drive into that sidewalk thingy in front of his big big house.

It was really big. It was white with big windows showing the kitchen, living room, and dining room. There were also pretty lights everywhere on the ceilings. It made the big house look like it was from a fairytale.

When Ronin was trying to take me out of the car seat I saw worry and sadness on his face. It kind of made me sad too.

When he picked me up I pay his head.

"Everything will be ok." I said to him. He gave me a smile. He held my hand.

"I know it will." He said back to me.

We went into his house. It was even more beautiful than the outside. I was able to see everything up close.

"Your house is very pretty." I told Ronin. He smiled and told me thank you.

"You hungry again?" He asked. I nodded.

He went into the kitchen and began making dinner.

If only I could have a daddy like him.

Ronin Bridgemond
I made a simple spaghetti for her and I. We sat down at the table and began eating. It seemed like she liked it a lot because the second I set the bowl on the table she was already half done with it.

She finished it with a small burp while I took a napkin to wipe her messy, adorable, spaghetti covered face.

"Was it that good?" I asked her. She happily nodded.

We sat down in the living room and watched a movie before I heard her yawn. I look over to her and she's already asleep, so I pick her up and take her to my bedroom where I laid her down softly on the bed.

I checked the watch on my wrist, remembering that Wade would be getting home by now.

I called Kelly over to watch December while I go get Wade.

I heard the doorbell ring.

I ran downstairs and opened the door to find Kelly, looking like she just threw on the nicest but quickest thing she could find.

"Go upstairs into my room and watch December. While she's asleep don't touch her. Anyone that touches her report it to me."

"Yes sir." She nodded and I left.
_______________________________________On December's part, I tried to make it as simple as possible because she's just a four year old. So yeah.

Another announcement, I want to thank everyone who have read this far and who have voted on my stories. It makes me really happy to know that people really love my story.  So thank you again to all the people who have voted and read this far.