37

Wade Reeves
When I looked up, that bitch was standing right in front of me. She scoffed and crossed her arms.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She asked with an attitude.

"Minding my business." I replied back. She rolled her eyes.

"You have no business here." She told me.

"Yeah, not with you at least."

She stepped towards me, getting closer to my ear.

"It's embarrassing how the man you loved with all of your soul left you for me." She drew back away from me and closer to December, who was hugging my leg. "It must be embarrassing having a mother who's a man. Doesn't it, dear?" I could feel December's grip on my pants tighten.

She stepped out from behind me and glared at Olivia.

"Don't talk about my mama like that!" She yelled. "My mama is the best mama in the world, even if he is a man! Mama is more of a human being then you are! A person who bullies others of being different is no human!" Everyone in the department began staring at the three of us, but then hurried and looked back at their computers and such. Olivia scoffed in my face.

"Little one, you know nothing of the world. And you will come to realize that I'm not the only bad one." Olivia drew her hand back, launching it at December, but I stopped her.

"Don't you dare touch a single hair on her head." I growled. "You have no right to put your hands on my daughter." I let go of Olivia's wrist. Before I knew it, her hand was coming towards me. I braced myself for the impact and closed my eyes, waiting for it. It never came.

I open my eyes to see Ronin tightly gripping Olivia's wrist.

"Glad I stopped you." He said. "If not, you'd be right out that door and you would never come back again. And I'd make sure of that." Olivia freed her arm from his grip and walked away.

"If you don't mind," Ronin said to me. "Could you come to my office?" I stared at him, reluctantly nodding.

I followed him back to his office and sat down on the couch in front of his desk.

"What do you want?" I asked blankly. He looked up at me.

"I just want to tell you that what you saw the other day, it wasn't what it looked like. And someone can back me up." He pointed to December.

"Do you know something?" I asked her. She nodded. "Do you think you can tell mama?" She nodded again.

December told me the whole story about how Olivia was watching me, how deliberately waited for me, how she smirked at us walking away, everything. Ronin then called me over to his desk and showed evidence of what December was saying.

I look up at him. For a moment, our eyes met and locked. I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly, then kissed his lips and smiled.

"I'm sorry." I said. "I'm sorry that I doubted you." I felt his arms circle around me.

"It's okay. I get where you're coming from. But next time you have a problem, tell me, and we'll work it out because you being stressed isn't good for the baby." I smiled a nodded.

"Definitely."

Later on, I looked around his office and saw Hunter, which was fun. I tried to walk away, but he caught my hand. I yanked my hand back and walked away, but as I did, I could feel eyes burning holes into the back of my head. And when I turn around, Olivia is glaring at me.

I just shrug my shoulders and smirk, then go back to Ronin.