49

Wade Reeves
I know I said I'd wake up early, but, Ivan had to help me. He had to force me up. And after minutes upon minutes of Ivan shaking me awake, I finally became annoyed and sat up.

"Alright! Alright!" I yelled. "I'm up!" I flicked the covers off of me and angrily got out of bed, stomping to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror, checking out my baby bump.

"Little guy, you're getting way too big. You're gonna have to get out some day." I lightly laughed and began getting ready.

When I was getting dressed, I noticed something. I have a big baby bump. It's huge at the moment. Don't get me wrong. I love this child, and I'm glad that I'm his mother. But no matter what I wear, it all looks funny.

I went to wake December up and got her ready.

And by seven o'clock, we're out of the house to the hospital. I had with me some food, just in case he'd wake up, which obviously he won't. But I feel more secure bringing him food for some reason.

Early in the morning, the skies are a hot pink, mixed with orange, clouds dotting the sky.

The hospital wasn't busy. It was quiet and peaceful. I slid open the door the Robin's room. It was a very large room, a big window on the other side of the room, showing the whole city. I pulled a chair up next to his bed and sat down. December sat on my lap.

I slowly grabbed his hand and rubbed it with my thumb. December did the same.

A moment of silence filled the room.

"I'm sorry, Ronin."

I looked up. December was crying, little tiny tears trickling down her cheek.

"Get better soon. Not for me, but for mama, and Luka." She said. "Luka is gonna be here soon. You really wanna see mama bring him into this world. You said it before." I was stunned at how much she could understand. Tears filled my eyes and I set my head on her shoulder. December felt me crying and patted my head.

"It's okay, mama. Everything will be okay. Ronin will wake up before it's time." I smiled.

"How are you so smart?"

"Because you're my mama."
_
After sitting in the room together, Lev took December down to the kids' area to go play while I spent time with him alone.

My hand was still wrapped around his, still stroking then back of his hand with my thumb.

"I'm sorry that all of this has happened to you." I said quietly. "It all happened because of me. I'm so sorry." I laid my head onto his hand then sat back up, tears streaming down my face.

I felt his fingers twitch for a split second, my eyes shooting open.

"Ronin?" I asked. His fingers twitched more and more, but he never woke up. I quickly walked out of the room to find the doctor, and when I told him what was happening, he patted my shoulders.

"It's not serious. I promise. It's just him trying to wiggle his fingers, trying to wake up. If his health continues to get better at this rate, he'll wake up tomorrow."

When I heard this, I almost hugged the doctor, but instead I squeezed his arms.

"Are you serious?" The doctor smiled and nodded. "Thank you so much for your hard work. And I thank everyone who helped! I thank all of you!"

As I walked back to his hospital room, it took all of my strength to hold myself back from running full speed since I'm pregnant, of course.

But, I'm still so fucking happy.
_______________________________________
I just want to thank everyone for their support and for sticking around to read my story. It gives me a lot of motivation to know that people enjoy my stories. :)