48

Olivia Brown
Half of me wanted to shoot, but half of me wanted tot take my finger off the trigger. I slid my finger off of the trigger slowly, but as I tried to, my finger slipped and pressed the trigger, releasing the bullet.

I'm gonna be charged with two counts of me used. I shouldn't have done all of this.

But when the trigger hit someone, it wasn't Wade. It was Mr. Bridgemond. I looked at the gun in my hand and just took off. On the way up the stairs, the bodyguards passed by me, not saying a word.

I hopped into my car and drove off to Hunter's house. I pulled into his drive and quickly got out, running to his door and ringing it three time. I heard clicks at the door moments later. It swung open and Hunter was standing right there.

"Why are you here? And why do you look like that?" I didn't know how I looked, but i do know that it isn't a happy face.

"C-Can I just come in?" I asked. I hesitantly moved out of the way and let me in. I sat down on the couch. Hunter closed the door and walked into the living room, sitting in front of me.

"Why are you here so suddenly? You didn't even call." He said to me.

"I-....um.....Just....Just got a few issues on my mind." I replied. Hunter sat up and intensely looked at me.

"If everything okay?" He asked. "I could tell something was up the moment I looked at your face when I opened the door."

I didn't answer. I didn't want to answer. I don't think I'd be able to handle how he'd react. I don't want to lose him.

"Want something to eat first? Then you can tell me?" I silently nodded.

I watched as Hunter moved around in the kitchen. He looked handsome the way he was looking while cooking, and it made me upset. Should I tell him the truth? Or should I just lie? I was lost in thought until he called my name.

"Liv," Hunter called. "Come on. The food is done." I slowly stood up and walked to the table. I sat down in front of the plate and began eating. Hunter's eyes never left me, and he watched every move I made.

This feels like old times. The days we used to sit with each other at the same table, the way we'd stare at each other. I felt tears swell up but decided to forget about the topic and just finish eating.

When I finished, Hunter took the bowl and placed it into the sink, then sat back down.

"You ready to tell me what happened?" He asked. I hesitantly nodded. Hunter sat patiently, waiting for my answer.

"While I was walking down the street, I saw a man, leaning against the bricks of the building. When I walked past him, he began following me. As I felt his presence, I began to walk faster, and my walk turned into jogging, my jogging turned into full blown running. But I wasn't able to outrun him. When I turned the corner, he caught me and tried to removed my clothes. But luckily, someone was there to help me. After that incident, I ran straight here. This is why I'm so stressed and fidgety." I lied.

I saw his eyes look at me, feeling bad for me. He stood up and walked from his side to my side of the table and crouched down. I pulled me into his embrace and hugged me.

"I'm sorry you felt this." He said. "I wish I could have been there to prevent that from happening. If you want, and since it's getting dark, you can stay here." I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him back.

"Yes, thank you." I replied back.

I wasn't planning on letting him slip away from me. I wasn't gonna let him go. He's mine. And he's rightfully mine. I'll tell as many lies as it takes to keep him by my side, even if I drag the whole world down with me.

He's mine, and he'll stay mine for the rest of his life.

A Mother and His Loverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें