Chapter 4

The boy was staring at my worn-out dress. I sewed it up with torn patches of clothes several times that some of the patches were dangling.

It’s obvious that as someone who is part of the grand duke’s family, this kid must have only seen healthy people rather than skinny ones.

‘I don’t mind. It’s a good sign that he’s showing an interest.’

It’s a golden opportunity that he’s curious about me.

In any case, my tiny figure was a far cry from the grand duke’s.

However, a squalid but coy girl, who grew up in a miserable environment, would have a charming effect.

It would be advantageous if I looked as cute as I can be.

“What is pwetty Bwother’s name?”

(What is pretty Brother’s name?)

I’ll decide how to act towards him once I know his identity.

I crossed my fingers and stared up at the boy with sparkling eyes.

“Wyndy.”

Wyndy? Who was Wyndy again……? Then an idea popped up.

It’s him, without a doubt.

The future second male lead, Wyndert Willaim de Vailot! He would become the grand duke in the future.

If I calculate his age based on the original work, he must be eleven years old right now. He’s incredibly tall for an eleven-year-old.

‘I see, he is still a child in this story.’

In the novel, Wyndert falls into despair when he fails to make Azuela, the heroine, fall for him.

Then plenty of bad rumors surrounding him turned his character into a villain.

And now, long before the beginning of the original story…… is his father’s time as a grand duke.

‘I…… called him pretty.’

I can’t believe I said I like him just because he’s very pretty……!

After letting my excitement get the best of me, I came to my senses when I saw Wyndert and the grand duke’s cold stares.

“Bwother, youw name is Indy?”

(Brother, your name is Windy?)

“Ind?”

T/N: It’s a wordplay. Wyndy’s name is spelled as the english/romanized ‘windy’ (윈디), and Shuelina asked if his name is ‘baram’ (바람), which is the Korean word for ‘wind/windy’.

“Brother ‘Yndy’ is blocking the wind.”

(Brother ‘Wyndy’ is blocking the wind.)

I grinned, recalling a wind spirit, which existed in ancient times, before folding my trembling arms.

It was as cold as the director, who neglected and abused the orphans despite their cries.

It was still autumn, but the thin material of my clothes caused me to shiver even with the slightest wind.

‘Ah!’

The grand duke, who saw my trembling arms, closed the orphanage doors with a thump.

I felt better when the wind was gone.

I almost jumped up and said to the grand duke, ‘Thank you for breathing!’

“What a wonder.”