Chapter 45

My mouth was wide open as I stared at Wyndert blankly with confusion and shock.

Wyndert also seemed to be distressed. As the Grand Duke of the future, the people who were dying were also the people he would rule in the future.

‘How can that be? It’s the imperial family. No matter how much they dislike us, the people of the Grand Duchy’s territory, they’re also their people!’

I couldn’t understand, I didn’t want to understand, so I wrapped my arms around myself and trembled.

Somehow, it seemed that my body temperature had dropped in an instant.

“Father is coming soon. He decided to come after deciding the punishment and taking care of it.”

“You must be busy….”

“Shushu, they have been trying to kidnap you for a long time, haven’t they? This wasn’t the first time, right? You can’t get used to it. Don’t say such silly things from now on.”

“That…… Uh, she was the culprit…… I also called for you and dad…… so I thought nothing would happen.”

All of it was calculated. I waved my small hands in denial as I protested.

“However….”

“What if it was a magician who dared to try and kidnap you? What if she had already escaped with you before I had even arrived?”

Wyndert, who was trying to say something, was cut-off by the angry voice of the Grand Duke.

When I turned my head, the Grand Duke was in front of the door with a vexed face.

“Dad, that’s not like that….”

“What if that person was so desperate and poured poison in your mouth? What if that person put a blade in your neck? What if you sustained injuries to your body?”

“That’s….”

It would’ve been difficult for anyone to respond properly.

I had to admit that I was a little reckless.

But if I hadn’t come forward, no one would have doubted Teacher Rima. I was just trying to save a lot of people!

“But thanks to me, you got the information out, right?”

“For my young daughter to dig up that kind of information, no one expected that.”

No one would expect that from a six-year-old. But what can I do about information that only I know?

“If you were hurt or gone….”

The Grand Duke’s face instantly dimmed. It looked like he was in pain.

Seeing the look on his face, my heart broke down. I didn’t want to see the Grand Duke upset….

‘I didn’t just want to save the majority with my recklessness. I mostly just don’t want you to suffer.’

I dropped my head and nodded.

“I was wrong.”

It was for the sake of the Grand Duke, but he was saddened by my actions. It was a half-successful operation.

As I kept my head down, I felt a stinging gaze directed at the top of my head.

After a while, the Grand Duke whispered with a long sigh.

“Come here.”

As I lifted my head and looked at him, he had his arms opened wide.

“I was wrong!”