Chapter 5

The cushions for the backrest and the seat were very fluffy.

The seat was so soft that it would sink even if I just poked it with my finger.

‘The cushions in this carriage have excellent quality compared to the sofa they sat on earlier.’

The most comfortable thing in the orphanage was the sofa in the director’s office, but it was a far cry from this seat.

Unconsciously, I poked the cushion with my finger, dangled my legs, and slowly lifted my head.

Two pairs of violet eyes followed the direction of my finger.

“Unc……Gwand Duke, what am I going to do once we awive? Laundwy? Cweaning?”

(Unc……Grand Duke, what am I going to do once we arrive? Laundry? Cleaning?)

He didn’t reveal his identity earlier so I called him as if I was calling some village old man, but he revealed that he’s a grand duke when we entered the carriage.

For that reason, instead of speaking nonchalantly like I did earlier, I decided to speak more carefully.

You can’t just act casually with a nobleman.

I already know what I’ll do there because I’ve read the novel, but I still wanted to ask.

“You will be treated with utmost care in our estate. You will eat delicious foods, play comfortably, and rest. It was stated in the contract.”

“Wow!”

“But shouldn’t you have asked that earlier?”

“Why did you come with us without knowing why you’re going?” Wyndert chuckled.

Well, I thought the grand duke might change his mind!

Even the director could not do anything because he decided too fast.

“Hmm, when you sign a contract, you have to ask for the terms and conditions first.”

It seems like the grand duke is worried about me, who made a decision before asking for the terms.

In my defense, I already knew what I’m going to do there so I just agreed!

But I can’t tell them that, so I just blinked and pretended I didn’t hear them.

“In the first place, you’re so skinny that you’ll probably collapse while working.”

“I wok hawd and I’m stwong!”

(I work hard and I’m strong!)

Flustered, I answered angrily to Wyndert, who was making fun of my thin arms.

The grand duke won’t make a six-year-old work anyway, so I decided to protest to the fullest.

Even though my arms and legs are like skewers, they’re like the muscles I’ve accumulated in my life at the orphanage.

I tightened my arm and a small muscle bulged. Wyndert, who was dumbfounded for a moment, burst out laughing.

‘Wow, he’s so pretty!’

I couldn’t help but stare blankly at the smiling face of Wyndert.

When I came back to my senses, my hands were already on Wyndert’s cheeks.

Wyndert smiled awkwardly as his laughter faded.

“Ah, I apowogize.”

I smiled vaguely and slowly lowered my hands. Wyndert rubbed his cheeks with an expressionless face.