Chapter 47

I know that this money actually came from the Grand Duke but rather than buying something for myself with it, I wanted to buy something for him.

‘If Dad likes it, I’ll like it more.’

No one seems to have noticed because of his cold face, but the Grand Duke actually likes sweets like me.

Seeing that I was eating ice cream puffs by myself, I’m sure he’ll love candy as well.

“Fine, even if you can’t go to the market today, we’ll go out again next time so don’t run.”

“Really? But….”

I know how busy the Grand Duke is.

Originally, I thought that there wouldn’t be a day like this for me to go out with him again.

I shook my head, pressing my heart that felt bad.

‘No, this is a reward that I fairly won.’

Looking up at the Grand Duke’s face, I saw a faint shadow under his eyes.

How tiring was it, reading for me every night and then going back to do his work afterwards.

“Shushu, I am a more robust knight than you seem to think. This degree of fatigue is not a problem.”

When he noticed me looking at the dark circles under his eyes, he whispered to me as if comforting me.

Then he led me to the candy store.

“Please come… in….”

The voice of the clerk, who was actively greeting at the counter, gradually became quieter. I noticed his fear as he looked at the Grand Duke.

‘I’m upset.’

What the hell is wrong with looking at the Grand Duke!

I know it’s the Grand Duke’s curse, but it’s not a problem at all!

He’s not a villain! He’s a kind person!

I wanted to fight him in so many ways to defend the kindness of the Grand Duke.

However, when I saw the clerk swaying like a rabbit who met a predator, I had nothing to say.