Chapter 57

“But, you said earlier it was a princess?”

“She was thought to be a prince but she’s definitely a princess.”

It was said that the prince died but in actuality, a princess was born at that time.

Someone had deceived everyone.

A young princess everyone thought was dead, returning to the palace after six years. The high priest bowed deeply, foreshadowing the uproar it would cause in the empire.

“We will prepare it as soon as possible.”

“Please, and I want you to keep this a secret until the princess enters.”

There was no guarantee that those people who stole the baby wouldn’t do anything at the spiritual power verification process, and the process could be potentially dangerous.

「‘You promised me you will bring back my little brother! If Father Emperor can’t do it, I will bring him myself!’」

(T/N: Because Lucas still didn’t know he had a little sister rather than a little brother, I used the pronoun ‘he’.)

Lucas was furious after learning that he had lost his little brother and He (the Emperor) came back empty handed; He (the Emperor) couldn’t refute it.

‘I have to get my daughter back from the Grand Duke.’

He was forced to return to the Imperial Palace for that reason.

He wanted to trace the process of losing his daughter and then hold her in his arms again.

‘I’ll have to call the secret investigation team.’

This time, he will check everything carefully himself.

The Emperor stared at the retreating back of the high priest who was leaving after bowing goodbye and exiting the audience room with a gloomy expression on his face.

6. How to convey happiness

Due to my birthday being right around the corner, Wyndert and Deleign seized me right after lunch.

I decided to plan how to throw the party with these two who boasted that they would hold it following my tastes. Of course, it wasn’t a very productive time; in reality, we just checked just how different our tastes were.

“Who do you want to invite to the party?”

We started with deciding who will be the guests. While I was still contemplating Wyndert’s question, Deleign already increased the number of guests by a hundredfold.

“Let‘s summon all the vassals of the Grand Duke and have a big party. Let’s open a festival for the people too! Party! Festival! Let’s have everyone celebrate!”

“If it is only with our family…. What did you say?”

While imagining a scenario wherein a lot of people I have never met before are greeting me with ‘Happy birthday, Grand Princess!’, my body unconsciously trembled.

“Big brother, I would like to keep it simple with just our family.”

“But it‘s Shushu‘s first birthday. And because of this, let’s show everyone that Shushu has come to stay with us!”

So, do you want to announce my arrival and maybe my death at my birthday party all at once?

I narrowed my eyes and looked at Deleign.

“It would be nice if a birthday party like that is even remotely about the actual person’s birthday.”

“Meooooow.”