Chapter 49

It was both difficult and annoying because Shuelina took my powers from me without returning them.

Fortunately, I still have an extra Brilliant so I can use my powers, but I feel like theq ground under my feet is crumbling away like sand.

Moreover, the emperor issued an edict to look for Shuelina and I felt terrified.

‘But that kid is aiming for what’s mine, and what if she wants to take my place?’

The youngest princess, whom everyone looks up to and loves. It was her favorite title.

She has all the love and precious things in the world.

She had no one to divide that affection to.

‘It would have been nice if my older brother came today.’

If he did that, everyone would look up to them and say they are such affectionate siblings.

The sudden edict of the emperor could have put those stupid gossiping fools to rest.

However, Lucas said he had to do something important, thus, he was absent. Even though it was the first party after his sister got sick!

‘I don’t think it is a problem to show a little disappointment in my older brother.’

Azuela has a personality that she can forget her treatment of others but not her own grudges.

‘But today, that kid is his priority.’

It would be best if that kid lives as she is now and never appears again, but it wouldn’t work out as long as the emperor wants to find her.

If I can’t stop that kid from showing up in the capital….

‘It would be really sad and unfair, but I still have to get along with her. Because I am “the nice and elegant princess”.’

Commoners are said to be greedy and less intelligent, so I have no choice but to take care of her.

A princess’ duty is to be compassionate towards stupid people.

Azuela frowned sadly, then slightly shook her head.

“After all, it’s been a while since we’ve been together like this, so I’m wondering if I’ll show you something fun.”

Azuela got up from her seat and headed for the front of the hall. The jeweled podium was waiting for her.

Azuela, standing at the gleaming giant jeweled podium, clapped her hands twice.

Then one door of the hall opened, and one of the maids appeared with a small cage.

“Here….”

Azuela looked through the cage. Then, black and violet mist started appearing from her fingertips.

After she opened the cage, she put her finger on the little bird.

“You can’t come out.”

“Wow!”

Even though the cage door was open, the bird did not come out.

The noble children witnessed the spiritual power of a member of the imperial family and they clapped.

It wasn’t a common sight, as there weren’t many things that the royal family could do to show off their spirit power directly.

All the children were surprised by the magical and elemental power of the princess.

“Now come out and sing!”

At Azuela’s words, the bird immediately exited the cage and sat on the princess’s shoulder, starting to chirp out a bright melody.