Chapter 40

Before, I let Franc pass this time, but looking back at it, I am still angry and thought she should be punished. She must have been really scared.

I felt a little uncomfortable as I saw her almost crying face. No, how on earth did you think of talking behind my back!

'Are you jealous of me?'

I am only six years old, but in fact, Franc also seemed to have just grown up.

As I had expected, there was a good chance she's jealous of an orphan who had her life turned around.

"The ribbon was just a mistake. That's not what I'm trying to say."

"Then, then why... ."

I actually needed another personal maid....

Franc's eyes flashed as she listened to me. Obviously, she smelled an opportunity.

These employees were good at picking up their intentions from the boss' words.

"I liked that you made a mistake and came to talk to me right away. I like honest people."

"Are you really, really making me a personal maid?"

"Hmm. I want to...."

"Thank you! Thank you very much!"

From a maid in the laundry room who does difficult chores to becoming a personal maid of the estate owner's family is a kind of rise in status.

There is always a hierarchy amongst the employees of the mansion.

Like Nina, who always keeps herself clean, there was no need for her to do any wet and dirty chores.

Sometimes, she can bring snacks for the lady, help with meals, make friends, and so on, and she doesn't have to take on the hard work.

Nina said she was able to become my maid as she was like Lucy's immediate successor.

So, according to the rules, Franc, a maid in the laundry room, couldn't be my personal maid.

'It will feel like a reversal in her life.'

If you do manage to get promoted from a maid in the laundry room, you won't even be able to become a mid ranking maid or a personal maid.

"Young lady, are you saying that she is going to be a personal maid like me?"

Nina, startled, asked with a frown. She had bad feelings about Franc so of course, she wouldn't like it.

Surprised and afraid that I would change my decision with Nina's hateful remark reaction, Franc shot her a spiteful look.

"Yes, an honest and sincere person like Franc would suit me well!"

I shouted with a bright smile.

It wasn't too strange to have two direct maids working under someone like the Grand Princess. Of course, the transfer of their assigned work would be quick after asking Lucy about it.

"Wow! Thank you, lady!"

As soon as Franc realized that her treatment had been confirmed, she stomped her feet with a big smile. She didn't notice she's already in the palm of my hand.

***

Regardless of the concerns of Lucy and Nina, Franc became my personal maid.

It was the first time that I said I wanted to have a specific person next to me, so I got permission right away.

While Nina went to bed, Franc was drying and finely combing my wet hair.

"Please tell me if the brushing hurts."