Chapter 6

I realized then.

That’s how powerful the grand duke’s curse is.

“Since it’s my fist twime…… pwease take a good pictuwe of me!”

(Since it’s my first time…… please take a good picture of me!)

I grinned widely, desperate to break the cold silence.

The grand duke looked at me expressionlessly. Then he shook his head and let the photographer off the hook.

“I’ll tell you everything you need to know.”

Wyndert, who stood next to the grand duke that still carried me, explained.

Wyndert’s tone was rather stiff.

But he still tried to clarify the things that I must remember. It was admirable.

Standing at the entrance of the mansion, he stretched out his arm and pointed his finger.

“We are in the lobby right now. On the left is the dining room. Me and my father’s bedrooms are upstairs.”

I turned my head to the directions he pointed.

Yet no matter where I look, everything I see is so splendid that I’m afraid I’d go blind.

For the first time in my life, I saw feather decorations and fancy tiles. The mansion’s interior was colorful, but not over the top.

‘Everything is so pretty! If I damage something, I’m sure I’ll never be able to pay for it for the rest of my life.’

After explaining things to me, Wyndert began to walk. There was no doubt that Wyndert and the grand duke, who stood tall in this luxurious mansion, belong in this kind of environment.

However, I’m different. I made a firm commitment to stay safe and inconspicuous.

“You don’t have to know about the rest. If there’s a place you want to go to, I’ll go with you.”

Wyndert stopped walking and looked back at me.

I’m glad to hear that he would go with me.

He became a bit more sociable to me when we rode the carriage together.

‘But he will be busy with his successor classes.’

It seems like the probability of him escorting me is quite small.

“Look.”

The grand duke stopped at the center of the main hall and motioned around the mansion.

I looked around us.

“Wooww!”

All fancy and glamorous things are displayed in their full glory. It was the exact definition of visual pleasure.

A beautiful pattern was engraved on the walls and a fluffy, sumptuous rug was placed on the floor.

The paintings and sculptures placed in every corner were huge. As an outsider, I couldn’t help being entranced.

It was such a magnificent home. Even the ornament that hung on the door seemed more expensive than my ransom.

‘Ah, finally.’

The grand duke continued walking on the marble floor.

I tugged the grand duke’s robe, trying to pull as little of the cotton cloth as possible.

I thought it was useless to keep being carried so I decided to get off.

“What is it?”

“Pwease let me down.”