Chapter 25

I had never been out of an orphanage properly.

I don’t know how big is the capital of the grand duchy.

When I arrived at the grand duchy’s orphanage after being picked up by a carriage from another local orphanage, I remembered it took a long time before we arrived.

It was still hard for me to think that I was born as the princess of the Abnisian Empire since I was very hardworking.

However, when I wore the coronet, I felt that I could become a princess of this land.

But the platinum coronet on my head was too heavy.

“If you like it, you can start wearing it. I’ll have another one made for you because the coronet you’re wearing right now is heavy.”

The grand duke watched me struggle for a while with the coronet on my head.

Then, I lowered the coronet and returned it to its case. I turned my gaze to the dusty items in the room.

Like what the grand duke said, a little more informal and expensive jewelry was left behind.

There was also a cotton-like necklace made of pure essence and transparent gems.

Jewelry sets that were close to art craft and emit all kinds of light were also stored here.

The most fascinating thing was the toys on one side.

I picked up a transparent, bar-like toy that sparkled.

“What is this?”

“Well, that…”

The grand duke shook the rod while thinking for a moment.

Then there was a unique sound when he shook it. The light that flashed inside the rod whenever it moved was a bonus, making it look pretty and bright.

“It’s a rattle toy. You just have to shake and play it like an instrument.”

My age to play with a rattle had long passed.

Nevertheless, I liked this ridiculously luxurious rattle.

‘Isn’t it too pretty..?’

Shuelina has never played with rattles when she was a baby, so maybe it’s okay to try it late.

The grand duke didn’t notice my thoughts. I waved the rattle a bit before we moved to another room.

The next room was similar to the previous room earlier.

Dresses and all kinds of luxurious items were stored.

Each of them looked like a national treasure.

“Why are there so many?”

I asked, pointing to the bowls full of gems.

“Well, maybe…”

The grand duke grabbed a gem bowl and crushed the gems with the metal mortar next to it. He took some of the crushed gems and sprinkled them over my head.

“I read it in a book once. You spray it over your hair or clothes like this.”

He took me in front of the mirror in the corner of the room.

Glittering gem powder sprinkled over my head and clothes.

It was then that I realized that the grand duke had crushed the gems to decorate me.

They were all sparkling and more expensive than the gems that the director had.

I wondered what face to make, so I looked up at the grand duke and asked.