Chapter 14

She shrugged and bowed her head as the eyes of the Grand Duke turned to Lucy.

“I’m a goowd walkew!” (I’m a good walker!)

“You still can’t do that even if it’s close.”

The Grand Duke rose from his chair with meaningless words. Then he hugged me and approached the window.

“What’s going on?”
“Well, when awr you coming today?”

The Grand Duke slightly frowned at my question.

‘Are you mad at me for asking useless questions?’

I took the forget-it-all quiz and quickly shouted out the answer.

“Awr you tawking about thwe cwothes?” (Are you talking about the clothes?)
“Well, it suits you.”

The Grand Duke answered bluntly. However, he didn’t seem angry because his lips were slightly loosened.

“Hehe, thwis one, I heawd thwat thwe Gwand Duke gave it for me to use.”
“That’s right.”
“Thank you very much. I weally like thwis Gwand Duke!”

A faint smile crossed the face of the Grand Duke who heard me. It was a change that he didn’t even realize.

‘Now!’

I winked at the door quickly.

Click!

The sound of taking a picture rang loudly.

Then the smile of the Grand Duke disappeared in a blink of an eye.

“What was that?”
“That, that, that was…”

The reporter was terrified when he saw Wyndert. There was no way to properly receive the momentum of the Grand Duke.

“Can’t you speak straight?”

The Grand Duke’s words were full of dignity.
That’s what I was hoping for…

As I looked up at the Grand Duke with twinkling eyes, I was surprised to find out late that the surrounding temperature had become colder.

Lucy and the reporter shook their heads as if they were lying on the floor, trembling.

‘So Lucy is also afraid of an angry Grand Duke.’

Lucy’s efforts to suppress her body’s honest reaction were evident from her tight fist.

“I cwalled him. You said you should twake a photo and appeaw in the newspawpew, wight?”
(I called him. You said you should take a photo and appear in the newspaper, right?)

I pulled his neck a little bit while I was in the arms of the Great Duke and found a comfortable position.
Then I turned the eyes of the Great Duke towards me to reassure the poor reporter and Lucy.

“… Are you not scared?”

As he opened his eyes and tilted his head, the Grand Duke asked in a small voice.

The Grand Duke’s casual eyes somehow felt a little lonely.

“Feaw? Should I be scwawed?” (Fear? Should I be scared?)

The eyes of the Grand Duke were slightly enlarged by my question.

I buried my head in the neck of the Grand Duke and rubbed it with the answer that I was not afraid at all.

Then the hand of the Grand Duke slowly came up to my back, and he hugged me tightly.

On the window, he rolled his back like a giant hugging a small acorn.