Chapter 65

I blinked as I wiped my hand across my cheek. Soft cream was smeared on my face. I looked down at the floor and found a chocolate cupcake with whipped cream on it, badly crumbled at my feet.

"Shu, Shushu. I didn't ask you to come here... Ugh, why is she here?"

"Hey you, what on earth happened? Why is Shushu here? What on earth did you do?"

The person who threw the chocolate muffin at me, Deleign, carefully called out to me with a look of horror. Standing next to him, Wyndert started to scold Nina. While all of that was happening the Grand Duke... was standing there holding a piping bag with a blank look. His usual dignified appearance was nowhere to be found.

"Uh..."

I was also embarrassed as I was splattered with cream icing as soon as I opened the door, but there was an even more ridiculous scene in front of me.

'My Dad and brothers were cooking?'

It's something I never dared to imagine! Why on earth are they cooking together?

"Delicious......."

Without thinking, I wiped off the cream with my hand and licked it, and it tasted very sweet and pleasant.

"Is it?"

I said it unconsciously, but unexpectedly, Deleign blushed and smiled.

"...was this by any chance, made by older brother?"

I asked cautiously, scanning the remains of other food that had been horribly smeared on Deleign's apron. He nodded proudly.

'What the hell is this...!'

I don't think I am seeing anything wrong. It was true that these three rich men were standing here and cooking! The Grand Duke and my brothers had a disappointed look on their faces as I walked inside, step by step.

"This......."

There was a big cake terribly covered with frosting in front of the Grand Duke. Bam, I was suddenly struck with enlightenment almost like I received a divine revelation!

'This, this was made by the Grand Duke!'

A cold sweat ran down on my back in an instant.

I realized what day it is today as soon as I saw the cake – they are going to throw me a birthday party! It was clear that they were planning on throwing a surprise party, and that was why the Grand Duke was making a cake himself.

'Ah... Dad really likes surprises...'

I took a glance at the Grand Duke. Usually, he wasn't a person with a lot of expressions, but I could easily read his expression this time. The surprise was a failure and the cake was completely ruined.

"Oh, I'm h-hungry."

I have always believed in my ability to cope with crises, but as of today, that didn't work properly. In the end, the only answer I could think of was to look away and pretend I hadn't noticed anything. Each of us inside the room has our eyes trembling because of the harsh reality in front of us.

"......W-would you like to eat th-this too?"

Wyndert presented a crispy, nicely-baked tart. It was a tart topped with figs, my favorite.

"Can I eat – wow! Thank you for the food!"

Can I eat this right now? Wasn't it meant to be used at the party?

I almost asked that question but I immediately opened my mouth to eat it instead.

I was internally screaming, but I forced myself to pretend to be okay as I opened my mouth bigger.