Chapter 8

There seems to be a possibility that Wyndert will really make Deleign swing the sword a thousand times in a row. He’s probably telling Deleign to do it because he did it himself, right?

Deleign, who was biting his lip, raised his head with a determined look.

“I’ll make sure you don’t break your legs!”

“Uhhh……”

I was rendered speechless and gave a long sigh.

“I won’t bweak my wegs if I just walk awound……”

(I won’t break my legs if I just walk around……)

I mumbled quietly, but neither of them listened.

Well, since Deleign looks like a prankster no matter how you look at him, it won’t be so bad if he were to focus on swordsmanship.

I thought as I heard thumping sounds.

During our short walk to the dining room, Deleign was lightly tapping the decorations that were adorned on the walls.

“Oh my…… You look like a close brother and sister.”

Wyndert sat me on a chair in front of the dining table. Lucy, who saw the act, laughed and said that.

‘A brother? It would’ve been great.’

It would’ve been perfect.

A family with strong bonds, loving dad and brothers, and a daughter of a wealthy aristocrat, who lived comfortably without a threat in her life.

‘I was born as a princess, yet I have to be always prepared for life crises.’

This life had only been a series of hardships.

“If you wewe my weal bwothe……”

The thought left my mouth. Wyndert’s gaze fell on me.

“It would’ve been bwette if you wuh my weal family…… but this much is enwough fow me!”

(It would’ve been better if you were my real family…… but this much is enough for me!)

I whispered sadly and laughed.

Lucy’s expression softened as if she felt sympathy towards me.

“What about me?”

Deleign glared at me, his eyes full of discontent. The seven-year-old’s inflated cheeks looked as soft as bread dough, which was very cute.

“I will allow you to call me Brother Del! You can call Brother Wyndert a Brother as well.”

(T/N: Shuelina calls Deleign and Wyndert as Brother or ‘oppa’, a Korean term for older guys – can be family, friends, acquaintances, and strangers – and can only be used by girls. However, the Brother that Deleign wanted her to call them is not ‘oppa’ but ‘orabeoni’, which can only be used by siblings.)

Deleign looked at me with glistening eyes.

“That’s only because you look desperate!”

Deleign said, as if emphasizing that there was no special reason behind it.

However, as soon as he finished speaking, there was a light sound of plates clattering. When I look around, everyone’s heads are turned away while their shoulders are shaking.

‘That’s cute.’

These are the children born with a curse that terrorizes others. People are bound to tremble with fear even if one the brothers just spoke to them a little.