Chapter 52

“Shushu.”

“Yes.”

“Why are you curious about if some people were coming and going from the Grand Duchy?”

Wyndert, who was quiet all the way back to the mansion, asked in a cautious voice in front of my room.

I glanced at him with my head tilted because I was confused as to why he asked. Perhaps because he noticed my confusion, he patted my head softly.

“I knew our Shushu is very smart, but today, I just saw how smart you are. Would you go to the information guild to ask about something you don’t know about if you’re not smart?”

This. My eyes widened as I closed my mouth.

Am I a little suspicious now because I’m too smart for a six-year-old kid?

Of course, Wyndert is my guardian whenever we’re out together so I may not be able to hide everything.

I thought about it for a moment, then slowly grabbed Wyndert’s sleeve and said, “Even though Teacher Rima was already caught… the person behind her was not.”

I was talking about the Empress and Wyndert seemed to understand it.

“That person tried to poison the Grand Duchy. We won’t know if they will try to do anything else later…… but just in case they wanted to, they have probably used wizards as their errand boy before and will again.”

It was in fact for another reason, but explaining it using the poisoning incident as an example seemed to work, Wyndert nodded slowly.

“If your reason was because you had something you were curious about while studying, it would be best for them to not actually tell you about such dangerous things. No, you are not allowed to do anything even if you do know something.”

Wyndert spoke in such a soft manner with his ear getting red and murmuring, ‘Because father and I will protect you.’

“But it’s also my job.”

“But still…… Even if you know, don’t act rashly. Protecting you is the most important thing.”

“Yes.”

Wyndert really seemed to be worried about me. Somehow, my heart felt tingly and warm so I nodded. I don’t intend to dive into something very dangerous in the first place even if Wyndert doesn’t say it, because living with my family longer is an extremely important matter!

“Dad will know for sure that we went to the information guild because he has someone report to him about your everyday whereabouts, for safety purposes.”

“Really?”

“Hmm. I’ll have to tell him about your thoughts, as well as how you were really intelligent earlier while making a deal.”

I covered my warm cheeks at Wyndert’s kind words. I guess he knew that I was secretly nervous since we left the Information Guild!

“Take a rest now, you must be tired. Do you want me to bring you something sweet?”

Wyndert asked as he opened the door. It was considerate of him to think of me even if he was also tired from going out with me.

“No need oppa, you’re also busy. It’s alright, I’m not feeling hungry anyway.”

Wyndert’s job as my escort added to his pile of duties as the Grand Duke’s successor.

We already returned to the mansion so I don’t want to take more time from him.

I smiled at him so I wouldn’t worry him anymore, telling him to see me at dinner, and closed the door.

You kept your promise.