Chapter 34

"Actually, a child can be loved without any conditions."

"Really?"

"More than anything else anyone says, His Grace and the young masters' decisions about this are enough."

At her words, I frowned slightly.

I feel like I've heard this over and over again...

Does everyone feel sorry for me because of my bitter past? Or they are only unconditionally supportive of the Grand Duke's decisions?

"I see... ."

I didn't really understand, so I quietly headed to the training hall instead.

"It's big brother!"

Now, I could see Deleign practicing at a distance.

Maybe he hadn't seen me yet, and Deleign was practicing swinging his sword skillfully.

Behind him, Wyndert was accurately cutting the flying leaves in the air.

'Isn't the wind not blowing?'

I gasped as I saw the leaves drifting in the air due to Wyndert's cutting.

"That's really amazing!"

I clapped my hands because I was astonished and surprised to see Wyndert's skills in person.

Wyndert turned his head and looked at me.

As I saw his sweat dripping down, I pulled out the handkerchief in my dress pocket.

"Shushu!"

As soon as Wyndert found me, he ran to me, smiling brightly like a blossoming flower.

Then Deleign also ran over to me, saying, 'It's Shushu!'

"What's going on here?"

"Kyaah!"

Wyndert lifted me up and twirled me around.

While he lifted me up, I wiped the sweat on his forehead using my handkerchief.

"Oh no, you can't be stained with something dirty."

He put me down again, muttering that my dress should not be sweaty.

"Shushu! Shushu! Why did you come!"

"Big brother, why did you throw your sword on the ground?!"

Deleign ran and hid behind me while trembling a lot.

Deleign's teacher seemed unable to scold him in front of me.

He picked up the sword Deleign had thrown away, and was frowning a little.

"I was so happy to see you here, that's why."

Deleign smiled playfully and shrugged.

"By the way, Sir Hilohan, what is that?"

Wyndert tilted his head to see the necklace on Sir Hilohan's neck.

"What's that? it's ugly!"

Deleign laughed, pointing to the crooked paper chain necklace.

I pouted my lips and pushed the handcart next to Sir Hilohan.

"Are you talking about this? I'll have you know, this medal... It is the 'Most Affectionate Knight' medal."

"I want to go back, Sir Hilohan. I guess my brothers don't want to get one."

I deliberately pretended to be discouraged and took a step back from Deleign.