Chapter 55

‘I wish I could help them catch the mage soon.’

Wouldn’t it have been possible for them to run away by now? I thought I would be able to manage the sounds I was making more carefully, but I was wrong.

I lifted the cat inside my arms while thinking regretfully about the ruckus.

The cat looked at me with innocent eyes and rubbed her body against my chest.

“Cute!”

As I muttered quietly, Wyndert and Deleign were talking beside me.

“A cute thing is holding a cute thing.”

“I should’ve brought a camera.”

I absentmindedly ignored their chatter, I was getting used to the new surroundings and stroking the cat’s head.

“Do you know where the person who made you like this went?”

As I whispered softly, the cat wiggled its butt a few times as if understanding what I had just said, and lightly jumped onto the ground.

“Oh?”

“Meeeeow!”

The cat looked back at me, patting the floor with its tail, as if telling me to follow it closely.

“Hey, the cat must know something!”

I ran towards the direction where the cat was running.

When I suddenly started to run, the Grand Duke and my brothers clung onto me as if protecting me.

“Shushu, it could be dangerous if you run off suddenly.”

I was already starting to run away at full speed, but Wyndert effortlessly stopped me without any hesitation.

“You promised not to act alone.” The Grand Duke also voiced his disapproval with a stern voice, seemingly worried about my sudden running.

“I-I’m sorry! But first I need a moment…… it was so hard!”

I’d never run like this before but after running after the cat at full speed, I was out of breath.

Fortunately for me, the cat stopped running not far from where we were.

“There’s nothing here…….”

The cat was staring into the air between some of the trees.

“It can see what can and cannot see with our naked eyes. Among basic magic, there is invisibility magic. Moving will break the magic.”

The Grand Duke swung his sword towards the air the cat was looking at.

“Ahh!”

Then the wizard in a white robe was startled and stepped back. It was as if he was watching our movements while using the invisibility magic as the Grand Duke had said.

“It’s a mage from the White Magic Tower. Only wizards from the White Magic Tower wear that white robe.” Wyndert said in a cold voice.

A unique pattern was engraved on the hem of the white robe using gold thread.

The wizard, who was discovered, turned his back and ran away wildly.

‘No! You must catch him!’

I imagined a bubble of water catching the wizard. It wasn’t really difficult to use force if I’m not interfering with life, and it was only about the size where I can contain a single person.

“What is this!”

Using my imagination, power spurted out from my fingertips, which then turned into water to form a bubble that trapped the wizard inside.