Chapter 16

‘…!’

The Grand Duke, greatly surprised, gripped the window. The scene of Shuelina falling through the window was vividly visible.

He spread his hands in peace only after Wyndert struck Deleign’s sword.

The window handles were shattered for how much force I put in.

“Your Grace? What’s the matter?”

His aide Cahill asked cautiously, as he rose from his seat and looked towards the window.

“Nothing.”

The Grand Duke shook his hand. It was nothing special, so he was told to continue his report.

Cahill said carefully. He was reporting on the tragedy of the orphanage he had investigated.

“…Yes. The children I saw were very hungry. It seems like they were eating very poorly, just like her.”

“… ”

Tendons grew on the back of the Grand Duke’s hand, remembering Shuelina, who was weak from hunger.

When we first met, Shuelina was skewed and abused by people.

Even then, it was like a young street cat, rubbing his forehead against the back of his hand with affection.

“There weren’t any children who wore seasonal clothes.”

“And?”

“The whole orphanage was cold. Except for the director’s office.”

The Grand Duke’s face frowned.

“I think the amount the director has embezzled will be quite large. Even if the support fund had been properly managed, it wouldn’t have been that way.”

The subsidies provided by the Grand Duke are substantial.

Even if I didn’t receive individual sponsorships, it wouldn’t have been short.

“He dared.”

While serving as an assistant to the Grand Duke, Cahill trembled at the anger of the Lord he’d only seen a few times.

‘I’m getting angry somehow.’

Shuelina was the only one who made the Grand Duke always rational. It was very rare for him to have a strong liking and dislike for others.

A child who comes to me with an expression saying that curses are okay and expresses her feelings toward me with her whole body.

Shuelina resembles his wife, who died long ago.

The first time he saw the child, he was surprised to see his wife’s blue eyes overlapping with hers.

Of course, Shuelina couldn’t be the child of his wife. The wife died before Shuelina was born.

The colour of the eyes was definitely different when it was carefully considered. His wife only had blue eyes, while Shuelina had a mixture of purple and blue.

Still, the eyes of goodness and hope resembled her, so somehow he kept looking at her.

Shuelina treated the Grand Duke and his sons without a problem. In terms of likes and dislikes, it seemed close to extreme liking.

The Grand Duke was also a human, so he couldn’t control anyone who loved him blindly.

“There is someone who dared to exploit my own people? Do you think I should leave it alone?”

Grand Duke’s voice looking at the skinny Shuelina was colder than usual.

Shuelina was still too young.