Chapter 17

I must have been staring at him with my eyes glistening too much.

The Grand Duke immediately turned the subject around. I was excited to hear his secret for the first time.

“Shushu, just eat. It looks like your saliva has fallen.”

Oh, I was with my mouth open now?

It’s fun to hear the story, but I guess I’ve endured what I wanted to eat for too long.

‘Hey, I don’t think you’ll tell me anyway, so I’ll just eat.’

I blinked my eyes and ate the cream puff.

‘I’ve never tasted anything so delicious like this!’

I think I’ve thought about this a hundred times since I came to the Grand Duke’s house, but it’s good enough.

I decided to have an appetite because the Grand Duke especially gave me an ice cream puff.

Don’t tell me it’s going to sound so reassuring, right?

“How does it taste?”

“It’s absowutewy dewicious! Thank you fow thwis dewicious foowd!”

I nodded my head and said loudly, and then I chewed the cream puff firmly.

According to the Grand Duke’s explanation, it is a food that only the Grand Duke can eat. I couldn’t know when I could taste it again, so I had to eat it carefully to savor its flavor.

I was so happy that my limbs also shook by themselves.

“If you like it so much, separate yourself from the other kids and come here alone secretly. I’m only giving it to you.”

The Grand Duke said, trying to make the expression as smooth as possible.

“Wow!”

I got up from my seat. I was so happy that an exclamation came out.

“You’we not sending it to the owphanaje, wight? You said thwat, you’ll give me one of thwis again!”

Above all, I was most pleased that I still had the opportunity to capture the heart of the Grand Duke.

As I opened my mouth and laughed, the Grand Duke nodded.

“Sit back.”

“Yes.”

I sat down again and arranged the frills of my dress.

“I asked about the orphanage because I sent a telegram to the orphanage director. We’re investigating.”

“Ouw owphanaje diwecto?” (Our orphanage director?)

“Yes. So I wanted you to tell me about your life in the orphanage.”

Aha! I nodded in a better mood than before.

“If it is about the owphanaje thwen I know it vewy well.”

I laughed very satisfactorily.

This was one of the meetings I’ve been waiting for.

‘To that who-knows-who-informant, thank you!’

I don’t know who informed the Grand Duke, I wonder if we have a real informant?

Anyway, this was a chance to get rid of the director who’s been bothering me and the kids.

‘Then, I’ll tell you everything.’

I decided to go into detail about the director.

Some may say that this is dirty and cheap, but I can’t do it on my own because I’m so young.