Chapter 58

I wrapped my arms around Wyndert’s neck, refusing to look at Lucas’ face.

The more I looked at him, the more I could see Lucas’ imaginary cold eyes. Seeing him looking at me and stomping his feet, he felt so despicable and cruel.

‘Because of you, Shuelina died a tragic death.’

Both the Emperor and the Crown Prince contributed to Shuelina’s death.

For some reason, my heart felt sad and painful, as if this body wanted to get away from Lucas.

Strictly speaking, for someone like me who possessed this body, Lucas was completely unrelated to me anyways.

However, I had no desire to befriend the person who caused Shuelina’s death.

It somehow felt like I was betraying Shuelina and myself if I did.

“No way!”

Curious about Lucas’ unresponsiveness, I raised my head for a moment and saw that he was staring at me with such unfairness in his eyes.

“You were the last gift my Mother Empress had left for me, and I was waiting for you for a long time already.”

As if it was an attempt at appealing to me, Lucas’ droopy eyes were slightly wet.

“Mother Empress, do you mean our former late Empress?” Wyndert asked Lucas with an indifferent expression.

“That’s right.”

“How can you say that the deceased Empress gave birth to my little sister?”

“She is the baby thought to be dead….”

“Wasn’t the one that died a prince?”

Lucas trembled at Wyndert’s sharp words. It looked like he was hurt, and he seemed very pitiful.

“It wasn’t a prince, she is a princess. I felt the traces of spiritual power.”

The Crown Prince stood on his tiptoes and looked at me as if he murmured, ‘I can clearly feel it’.

“I am not a princess… but do you see any traces of spirit power here?”

I couldn’t help but be surprised by those words. He can check for traces of spiritual power?

Judging by the traces, it seems that I used my spirit power and left something behind.

This point seemed pretty important. As I pondered, I had no choice but to ask a question.

“That’s right, every member of the Imperial Family can do it. You’ve been using a lot of spiritual power lately, right? I can faintly feel it.”

Then… does Azuela also feel my spirit power? Does she know what I was doing and wherever I went? But such a thing didn’t appear in the original story.

I stopped my train of thoughts about the spirit power, and talked to the Crown Prince with a firm voice.

“Do you have any proof that I am an Imperial Princess, Your Highness?”

Lucas looked at my face and pursed his lips before answering.

Having the same hair color as the Emperor? Having the same eye color as the Emperor’s late wife? That wasn’t convincing evidence. He also couldn’t answer because he knew it himself.

‘Surprisingly, he really has nothing.’

How many times did I imagine it after reading it in the novel?

『‘Father, brother. I am, I am really the real one. The kid 18 years ago – “

‘The evidence.’