「 will there be a morning 」

[ VOLUME THREE ]

CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE;
will there be a morning

[ DECEMBER EIGHTEENTH, 95' ]

No one in particular,

♱

'Are you wasting away in your skin?
Are you missing the love of your kin?
Drifting and floating and fading away
Do you smell like a girl when you smile?
Can you bear not to share with your child?
Drifting and floating and fading away
Little lune, all day

Little lune, porcelain
Do you carry the moon in your womb?
Someone said that you're fading too soon
Drifting and floating and fading away
Porcelain, are you wasting away in your skin?
Are you missing the love of your kin?
Nodding and melting and fading away'

Hera rejoined the table at lunch, resuming her usual seat beside Sirius and helping him finish off his halloumi salad for lunch.
Their conversation was centred around the lightest of things — namely, her appreciation for his ability to make a good salad and him shortly reminiscing about a smoothie phase he'd had when he first moved out.

Sirius had joked and said it was like Jackson Pollock lived there — there was no furniture at all, just a few of his paintings, records and a turntable, a bed and a blender. She hadn't known he used to paint — no one had, apparently, but Hera couldn't help but take in every word of his Basquiat and Da Vinci musings and how they'd inspired him.
Hera could only wish to become more creative in the visual aspect.

"I'd love to be in a band, but I have no musical talent — I write little poems sometimes, and I guess I could be good at writing songs, but other than that... "
She murmured, looking up at him every now and then, mindlessly dragging her nails through the cracks in the wood.
"My friend and I used to joke and say we'd have to sleep with Donaghan from the Weird Sisters to get anywhere in life, "

"Where's the joke in that?" Sirius furrowed his brow.

Hera feigned shyness,
"There isn't one; we just wanted to sleep with him. The groupie thing kind of appealed at the time — as it does with most fourteen-year-olds, "

The riotous happiness about the group was soon making its way across Hera's features; she greeted Tonks, who had turned up to escort them across London, gleefully laughing at Tonks' persuasions of Mad-Eye that her short, bubblegum pink hair would attract far less attention on the underground.