「 give me the first taste 」

[ VOLUME THREE ]

CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR;
give me the first taste

[ DECEMBER SEVENTEENTH, 95' ]

No one in particular,

♱

'I lie in an early bed, thinking late thoughts
Waiting for the black to replace my blue
I do not struggle in your web
Because it was my aim to get caught
But daddy longlegs, I feel
That I'm finally growing weary
Of waiting to be consumed by you

Oh, your love give me a heart contusion
Adagio breezes fill my skin with sudden red
Your hungry flirt borders intrusion
I'm building memories on things we have not said
Give me the first taste
Let it begin, heaven cannot wait forever
Darling, just start the chase, I'll let you win
But you must make the endeavour'

        December arrived an icy serenade, bringing with it a downpour of sleet that fell dangerously on the rusted stairs along the side of Hera's place.

To Hera's relief, Hagrid had returned to his seat at the staff table, but the rest of the school hadn't met him with that widespread excitement.
Hera and her friends hadn't missed the opportunity to roar with delight and sprint up the aisle between the Gryffindor and Hufflepuff tables to wring Hagrid's enormous hand; it was Umbridge's behaviour afterwards that concerned her.

Even passing the woman in the halls was a nightmare because of the glare she would receive for either her uniform or simply existing — which Umbridge had written off as a very challenge to nature.

Coursework had been a nightmare from the very first day of sixth year, and while she had anticipated it would stay the same into her final year, she was sure to go insane if she heard anything more about Asiatic Anti-Venoms.

"Do you know what we're doing for the holidays?" Harry had asked weakly one evening in the common room that week.

Maybe spending time with all these different people brought something else out in him, but for the first time since starting at Hogwarts, Hera sensed he was bothered by how everybody in the D.A would be with their families.
It wasn't that she'd never made an effort for them to do something around the holidays, but since Hera had never had someplace of her own to stay — and Harry usually spent it with the Weasleys — she was limited with what there was to do.

"I don't know if you'd want to hang out with me for that long, " Hera had joked, though her words held some truth behind them, "You can always spend it at my place — you know, Sirius is really close, so maybe we could all do something?"