「 it stands for knife 」

[ VOLUME THREE ]

CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE;
it stands for knife, for the rest of my life...

[ FEBRUARY TWENTY-FOURTH, 96' ]

No one in particular,

♱

'A smash of glass and the rumble of boots
An electric train and a ripped up phone booth
Paint splattered walls and the cry of a tomcat
Lights going out and a kick in the balls
Days of speed and slow time Monday's
Pissing down with rain on a boring Wednesday
Watching the news and not eating your tea
A freezing cold flat and damp on the walls
Waking up from bad dreams
and smoking cigarettes

Cuddling a warm girl and smelling stale perfume
A hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac
Feeding ducks in the park
and wishing you were far away
That's entertainment, that's entertainment
Two lovers kissing amongst the scream of midnight
Two lovers missing the tranquility of solitude
Getting a cab and travelling on buses
Reading the graffiti about slashed seat affairs'

CW: sexual content, orgasm denial, consensual knife play — mentions of blood, cutting and scarring.

Please don't feel you have to read if you know this is something that triggers you/ makes you uncomfortable, I wouldn't want to put anyone in that position. However, the first part of the chapter is quite important to their relationship, and there is nothing triggering about it so I would read it! Anything sexual starts after the song lyrics/ which is supposed to show a big change in scene, etc.

        Hera was finding it particularly hard not to rush a relationship with Sirius; they were smart to allow their friendship to move naturally, something they'd had going on since the summer and were happy to indulge.
But it didn't make her any less fearful.

She feared any chance of them being together would be over before it could start — mirroring aspects of her and Cedric's relationship.
She feared losing him as the last time it had nearly killed her, and the world was all too unforgiving on her; it seemed fitting to be made to experience that over and over again.

Hera didn't consider herself so codependent now, and after living with Chris, she had some idea how demanding it could be to love her.
But Sirius knew exactly the person she had been and had seen glimpses of her life before sobriety and even in the process of it.
She wouldn't say that she knew him better than anyone else as there was still a lot of space between them, but he had slowly clued her into the grittier aspects; they were patient at that as their relationship had been one born of trust and a level of genuineness they found hard to come by.