「 and i love her 」

[ VOLUME THREE ]

CHAPTER SEVENTY-EIGHT;
and i love her

[ JUNE TENTH, 96' ]

No one in particular,

♱

'I give her all my love
That's all I do
And if you saw my love
You'd love her too
She gives me everything
And tenderly
The kiss my lover brings
She brings to me
And I love her

A love like ours
Will never die
As long as I
Have you near me
Bright are the stars that shine
Dark is the sky
I know this love of mine
Will never die
And I love her'

CW: slight reference to substance abuse, sexual content, oral and protected (finally)
AN: Happy Valentine's Day <3

June's arrival meant only one thing to those in the seventh year: their N.E.W.Ts were upon them at last. Such a prospect cast a dark cloud over Hera's otherwise exalted mood.
In any instance, Hera had always experienced the nervousness beforehand — studying, even the environment of school had never quite been for her and there was no avoiding it. It seemed foolish not to try her hardest when she'd been granted so many opportunities that would ease her learning.

And she had tried her hardest; for the most part.
Hera supposed she'd figure out on results day if it had paid off in any way, or rather hindered her focus.

Life couldn't be more beautiful, the day fine and warm as she and Sirius propped themselves against the trunk of a brooding chestnut tree in the garden square. Her studying was fruitful, with fewer people than they would've thought out for the day — even the buses in furlough.
They smiled absentmindedly at a mother hoping to ease her son into the small stream.

In addition, they had less chance of being overheard than in the streets — at the very least in the comfort of a square between their two respective homes.

Neither said much as it might distract from her studying, and Sirius was basking in the fresh air and rustling of leaves above head.
A sweet laugh fell from her lips and she hid her face in his shoulder.

Sirius too had spread a book out in the shade, though read it half-heartedly as more of his attention was on playing with Hera's hair, twisting it behind her ears and brushing through with his fingers.

She sighed, turning a page of Advanced Transfiguration and frowning at a series of diagrams showing an owl turning into a pair of opera glasses.
As though freshly painted, the grounds were gleaming in the sunlight. Sirius hoped to capture the image forever — the woman he loved in his arms, cloudless sky smiling down at them both and iridescent in the glittering stream, satin-green lawns stretched in the middle of town, accompanied by a gentle breeze.