「 hairspray queen 」

[ VOLUME ONE ]

CHAPTER FIVE;
hairspray queen

[ SEPTEMBER FIRST, 93' ]

Hera Potter,

♱

'At night wishfull godess
At night crystal locket
At night mouth of almounds
At sight a fish full of garbage
At night disco god.'

"It's always you two, isn't it? You should take more care of yourselves, really!"

Harry and Hera were the only students who had fainted from the Dementors. You'd think they would be able to get up and move on with their lives; only the whole school had found out, meaning that was unlikely.
Madam Pomfrey was adamant that they stay the night in the hospital wing, and in Hera's mind, she could honestly say she'd rather ingest poison.

It wasn't that she hated the hospital wing like Harry did, quite the contrary - she loved it, thinking of it as a relaxing break from her studies. She would end up there at least once a week.

It seemed that every time Hera walked through those big oak doors, Madam Pomfrey found another thing wrong with her. Growing up, there had all sorts of problems that went untreated; broken bones and fractures, malnutrition, breathing problems, etc. Often, she wondered if the Dursley's had pushed her down the stairs or something as a child; it would explain a lot.

Last year, Hera had definitely taken advantage of the sleeping potions and other shit given to her. She wasn't exactly proud of it, but it wasn't like she had a time-turner or anything else that could change that. If she could go back and have a better year, one where she wasn't blacked out for half of it, she would.

"I-What? I'm fine, Professor Lupin already gave me some chocolate. I don't need to stay overnight. " Harry said, shooting up from his seat, nearly knocking over the glass of water next to him in the process.

Madam Pomfrey raised an eyebrow,
"Ah, we've finally a Professor that knows his remedies? Well, Minerva, I should bloody well hope so; I'm only the one that taught him!"

Hera smiled widely, speaking in a honeyed voice in the hopes of getting what it was she wanted, "Actually, Madam, could I have more of those sleeping potions? I don't want to be tired for my first day tomorrow— "

"Of course, dear. You know the instructions; I won't bore you any longer. " Madam Pomfrey paused, thinking over her words,
"Be sure to come back if you feel worse - headaches, nausea, anything. There's a chance you hit your head when you fainted. I can't see any bumps on your head, but better safe than sorry, "