「 they rob the souls of girls like you 」

[ VOLUME ONE ]

CHAPTER FOUR;
they rob the souls of girls like you

[ AUGUST THIRTY-FIRST, 93' ]

Hera Potter,

♱

'I am silver and exact. I have no preconceptions.
Whatever I see I swallow immediately
Just as it is, unmisted by love or dislike.
I am not cruel, only truthful ‚
The eye of a little god, four-cornered.
Most of the time I meditate on the opposite wall.
It is pink, with speckles. I have looked at it so long
I think it is part of my heart. But it flickers.
Faces and darkness separate us over and over.'

CW: this chapter has mild sexual content
and mentions of sex throughout...

        The air was thick with the scent of coffee and vanilla, just the aroma of it had induced a caffeine buzz from the moment I had woken up and lasted even hours later into the day. It had been a serene week, of course, that could be attributed to the lack of Dursley's but also the invigorating nature of magic. Four days into my stay, I had received an owl from Alicia Spinnet, who would be joining me at the Leaky Cauldron the next day.
Her family lived far from London, so in the week leading up to school, they would often make the trip down and stay in some hotel nearby. The day she arrived, we finished all our shopping for school and planned on spending the rest of the summer relishing in the excitement of muggle bookshops and cafes.

"Scary, isn't it?" Alicia whispered to me, her voice low and conscious of our muggle surroundings.
"What?" I replied with a sharp cough, almost choking on my coffee. "Oh, yeah, I haven't thought
of it that much."
She opened her mouth and closed it again, speaking hesitantly this time, "Look, all I'm saying is that when something like this happens, it usually ends with someone trying to hurt you or Harry... no one knows why he escaped, just be careful, ok?"
"I'll be fine, Spinny - I'm always careful."
Her eyebrows furrowed for a moment, not finding humour in my response until her eyes met mine, and we shared the same wide smile.

Summer was coming to a close; the flowers preserved like summer days, immune to the winter chill. As of late, I'd been feeling an intense sort of foreboding, the happiness I'd been feeling seemed like the calm before the storm.
Alicia's words had deeply resonated with me; any time something like this happened, I would always get caught up in the middle, be it life-threatening or benign, there would never be a moment of rest. All I could do was anticipate when the elation would end.