「 scar tissue, blood blister 」

[ VOLUME TWO ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO;
scar tissue, blood blister

[ AUGUST TWENTY-SIXTH, 94' ]

No one in particular,

♱

'There are fumes that I cannot touch.
Where are your opiates, your nauseous capsules?

If I could bleed, or sleep!
If my mouth could marry a hurt like that!

Or your liquors seep to me, in this glass capsule,
Dulling and stilling.

But colourless. Colourless.'

"MORSMORDRE!"

The sky was shrouded in a glittering film of green, darkness erupting from every gap in the black night — what was once silver turned to dust, and there was a captivating glint to the light.
     It took a moment for Hera's eyes to realise what it was, and by that point, it had extended past the clouds and etched into the black sky like a new constellation.

Ginny gasped at the sight. Her foot stopped its tapping, resuming the silence from before.
A tainted-looking skull rose higher and higher in a blaze of greenish smoke. The brilliant emerald surrounding it has a serpent in place of its tongue.

The woods around them were illuminated in a sick neon phosphoresce, and a high pitched scream filled the air. Hera scanned the darkness for anyone — either help or the culprit, but there was no one.

At some point, she must've strayed from the group again, but George was quick to pull her back.
"Do you realise what that is?— " He cried.

"You think I wouldn't recognise the Dark Mark?" She said dryly.

"The Dark Mark?" Fleur began.

"You-Know-Who's... "

"Have you heard of Voldemort?" Hera asked tensely, to which Fleur nodded.
"Well, his followers just had a little reunion... "

A series of blinding flashes of light went off a couple of hundred yards away. Hera wondered if she was going crazy, but she was sure someone was yelling Harry's name. She started across the clearing — Fred and George were probably used to this by now; they knew there was no stopping her.

"DUCK!"
Harry, Ron and Hermione crouched as over a dozen wizards pointed their wands at them and caused jets of burning red light to fly over their heads.